Chapter 40

Compelled to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mirae’s POV

I hung up in Jongin’s ear and fell down on the couch. It annoyed me that nothing I said could convince him that Luhan was at least nicer than before, because it hadn’t even sounded on him like he believed it. This also, in my own opinion, meant that he really didn’t trust me either and this did not feel good. He’s not fooling me. Sehun believes in him and no one is able to fake tears that easily, especially not Luhan. Although, Jongin is right. I should be careful for a little while longer and not blindly believe him. “I am not stupid,” I stated.

“Nope, you’re not.” I looked up and saw a smiling Sehun standing next to the couch. I smiled as well. “Do you always have that cute frown whenever you think about something?” he asked charmingly. I chuckled.

“Eh, no? I don’t know. Have you been standing there for a long time?” I replied, rather confused and taken aback by his remark.

“Nah, not more than a minute. Luhan has gone into the kitchen. But I think I might have to help him because he has never in his life cooked anything.” Sehun and I laughed and glanced towards the kitchen. “Come, let’s go see what he’s doing,” Sehun said. He helped me up and dragged me to the kitchen where Luhan stood by the sink. He had a frown on his forehead and I could see that it was a recipe that he read, or attempted to read.

“Sehun... What the hell is this?” Luhan asked, pointing at something on the paper. Sehun read the recipe and chuckled.

“Eh... It just says how you’re going to cut the carrots and then how you’re going to cook them,” Sehun replied amused. I stood in the doorway, observing Sehun has he barely could contain his laughter. Luhan look at the recipe again with total oblivion in his eyes.

“Err, okay? I don’t get it. Where’s Mirae?” He turned around and saw me. “Oh, there you are. Eh... Can you help me? I don’t think Sehun can cook either.” Sehun hit the back of his head, making Luhan groan and glare at him.

“Yah! I know how to cook! It says you’re going to...” Sehun got quiet and re-read the instructions. “I don’t know what ‘mince’ means. I haven’t heard that word before,” Sehun admitted. I bit my lip to hold my giggles from coming out. It was very entertaining to see the two boys trying to ‘cook’. “Mirae, help?”

“Sure. To mince something means that you chop it finely. So, for example, the carrots are going to be chopped finely and the onion too,” I explained to the two boys. They nodded their heads and looked a tad more enlightened. “Do you guys understand or are you nodding to impress me?” I joked.

“I am,” Sehun answered quickly. I rolled my eyes at him and walked up to stand next to them.

“Yeah, I don’t think I can cook this. I can literally just fry an egg. I hate to cook,” Luhan said, taking a step back from the sink as if it made him uncomfortable just being near it.

I giggled. “Fine, I’ll cook it. It looks like a really good recipe so I want to try it. Whose cookbook is this by the way?” I asked.

“It’s my mother’s. She bought it and told me to bring it with me; she probably knew that you would be the one to cook... That’s why it’s in Korean,” Luhan replied.

“Aw, that’s so nice of her! But don’t worry, I’ll cook today. You guys can cook tomorrow if you want.” I took the ingredients and began to chop the carrots. Luhan and Sehun didn’t move, they both observed me with intrigued eyes.

“How did you learn to cook? I thought you had the same background as Luhan? Why aren’t you spoiled and stupid too?” Sehun wondered, earning a hit from Luhan. I shrugged easily.

“I thought it was fun to cook. My best friend and I used to cook in her house because she didn’t have any maids that said ‘Oh, Ms Kim, we shall cook for you!’. So, I started cooking and got better at it. It’s not that hard when you’ve got a recipe to follow,” I replied.

“Mm... Lucky me that you can cook... Otherwise I would’ve been fat by now,” Luhan said.

“You’re already fat,” Sehun told him.

“I’m not! I’ve got way better abs than you!” Luhan burst out at Sehun. I tried to concentrate on the carrots instead of listening to Sehun and Luhan’s conversation; it didn’t work too well though. Sehun raised a brow and smirked.

“Oh, really? Show me then.”

“Fine.” Luhan pulled up his shirt and I almost cut my own finger due to the sight in the corner of my eye. I put down the knife just in case and looked the other way. Oh my God... Six-pack?! Seriously!?

“Mm, impressive. But you’re not alone with having those,” Sehun said and pulled up his own shirt. This time I did not look. But I couldn’t stop the image from popping up in my head. “See, I’ve got the same amount, hehe.” Luhan rolled his eyes.

“Yes, yes. Whatever.” Luh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter