Chapter 46

Compelled to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s POV

The sound of the familiar doorbell on Mi Song’s door made Mirae smile brightly, thinking about the fun things she had done here. She hoped the talk with Mi Song would work out well and that the two of them could put Luhan aside and return to being the good friends they were. It had gone about five days since the tea party, so Mirae hoped both Mi Song and Jongin would be able to move on by now. The door soon opened by a bored looking Mi Song, or maybe it wasn’t boredom? Mirae narrowed her eyes; coming to the conclusion that Mi Song rather looked upset. What had happened? “Mi Song? What is it?” Mirae carefully wondered.

“What are you doing here?” Mi Song’s sharp tongue retorted. “I don’t want to talk to you.”

“Why not? I’m not here as anything else but your friend. I came to put the Luhan-issue aside. I won’t talk about him more, I promise,” Mirae explained. “Let me in,” she added. Mi Song sighed but stepped to the side, letting Mirae walk in. “Is Jongin here?” Mirae asked while removing her shoes. Mi Song slammed the door shut, causing Mirae’s head to jerk towards her. She became shocked at the sight of Mi Song having heavy tears in her eyes that slowly poured down her cheeks. She let out a sob and sat down on the floor with her face buried in her hands. Mirae flew down to her side. “Miso?? What has happened?!”

“I broke up with him!” Mi Song sobbed. Mirae gasped.

“Why?” she demanded knowing. Mi Song’s head lifted and her eyes glared at Mirae. “What?”

“Because of you!” Mi Song yelled in her face. Mirae flinched backwards in shock.

“Because of me? What have I done?!” Mirae yelled back. Mi Song got up on her feet; so did Mirae. Mi Song wiped her tears furiously.

“You’re more important to him than I am...” she sniffled. “After you’d dragged Luhan away on the tea your mother had arranged for the two of you, Jongin exploded in fury! He was so mad at you and he wanted to go after you and shout at you. I stopped him and took him to his room where we sat down on the bed and talked. I wanted to talk about moving on and letting you do whatever the hell you want with that but Jongin wouldn’t let it go! We began to fight and I went home. Then yesterday we fought again. About you, again! I’m sick of hearing about you every time I’m with him. I get that you’re his sister and he loves you more but really! It’s too much!” Mi Song stomped to the kitchen and sat down by the kitchen table then lay her head on it, crying a river.

“Miso... I’m really sorry. I didn’t mean it to affect your relationship,” Mirae whispered when she got to the kitchen. “I’ll talk to Jongin and tell him that it’s ridiculous that you’ve broken up because of me. He’ll listen to me.”

“He won’t. He isn’t talking to you before you’ve broken up with that brainwasher of yours,” Mi Song said.

“Brainwasher?” Mirae questioned.

“Yes! He’s manipulating you and you’re...” Mi Song made a pause. “You can’t see it!” she continued. Mirae felt hurt; she knew that wasn’t what Mi Song truthfully wanted to say.

“I’m not discussing Luhan right now,” she stubbornly objected. “Do you want me to talk to Jongin or should I comfort you?”

“I don’t want your comfort.”

“I’m your friend, Miso. Have you forgotten that? I’m here for you if you want to talk. Or we’ll sit here quietly, whichever fits you the best.” Mirae sat down on the chair across from Mi Song’s. They sat quietly for over ten minutes, and then Mi Song was the first one to speak.

“How come you still have it perfectly good even though your situation is so much worse than mine?” Mirae looked up at her friend like a question mark in the expression.

“What are you talking about?”

“You know what I’m talking about. You’re little Ms perfect, Mirae.”

“No, I’m not!” Mirae protested. “I don’t want to have this conversation with you, Mi Song. I really don’t. We’ve had it before, drop it. I’m not better than you or have a better life than you. Okay?”

“You aren’t the one crying yourself to sleep every night! Or the one who’s mad at your ex’s sister and also best friend because the boyfriend is obsessed with his little sister! I swear to God that he has said your name at least a thousand times around here! It’s not like I need to hear it a little more. I love him, Mirae! Don’t you get that? Why do you have to ruin everything?!”

“I haven’t done anything! I want you and Jongin to stop worrying

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter