Chapter 68

Compelled to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan’s POV

“That was nice, wasn’t it?” I asked Mirae as I opened the street door for her. She walked in and we rode the elevator up to our floor.

“Yeah, it was. Good thinking, my prince,” she said with a bright smile. I reached for her hand and held it tightly. We had taken an extra walk around the park before heading back home, splitting up with Miso and Sehun who were going back to hers first. Mirae and I continued down the hallway to the last door and opened it. The wonderful smell of home cooked Chinese food struck us the second we stepped inside and I smiled at the familiarity. My mother suddenly appeared in the doorway, which led to the kitchen, and waved at us.

“Hi, you two! You’re just in time for dinner,” my mother informed. Mirae and I took off our outerwear and hung them on the rack.

“Do you need any help, mother?” Mirae wondered and walked inside the kitchen. I followed her and saw the whole table plated up with different Chinese specialties. My mouth watered at the mere sight of it and I couldn’t wait until I got to put my hands on it. My mother shook her head to Mirae who smiled and nodded in response.

“Did you two have a good day at school?” my mother inquired to start off our daily conversation. I looked at Mirae and gave her a nod, indicating that she could begin telling about her day. While Mirae began talking to my mother, I went to change into some more comfortable wear; sweatpants and a t-shirt would do fine. When I lay down my watch on the nightstand with my left hand, my eyes stuck onto the scar that still sometimes made me cringe and sweat. The circled print had miscoloured over time. I almost chuckled. My father wanted to leave a permanent mark, did he not? Well, congrats father. You succeeded. Suddenly, I felt two arms wrap around my waist tightly and how Mirae pressed her cheek into my back. I instantly smiled and placed my hands on hers, leaning my head back so it fell on hers.

“What are you thinking about, Lulu?” she asked with her sweet, honey voice.

“My father...” I thoughtfully replied. I didn’t notice it until Mirae tried to intertwine our hands, but I had clenched my fist when I had spoken – my left hand to be exact. Mirae let go of my waist to twirl me around, so I would face her, and then she forced my hand open. Her fingers tips began to caress the scar. I attempted to gain her attention by raising my brows and catching her eye, but she was too focused on the scar to see it. “Mirae... Look at me,” I said. I could see the hesitation as she lifted her head. I smiled. “I’m fine.”

“I know,” she said. “It’s not that. I’m not worried about you... that much.” I raised an amused eyebrow. “I’m serious, Lulu. I’m only a little worried about you. Your mother though,” she paused and sighed, “I’m really worried about her. Will she be all right living with us? I know it was her choice to leave your father but I’m wondering if it was the right thing for her to do.”

“Of course it was,” I quickly assured. “My father was terrible towards her too. She is much better off with us here in Korea than with him in China. Couples in China rarely go through a divorce. They last until the very end whether they hate or love each other. That’s why I got scared when I was to marry you, because I knew we wouldn’t be able to file a divorce paper. We were supposed to last.” I let my hands wander along her neck up to her hair and then down along her shoulders and arms to finally hold her hands. “That won’t matter now. We’re in love and well. There’s no reason for us to get a divorce now, right?”

“Actually...” I froze. Mirae looked down. “I was wondering if maybe we could get a divorce and then re-marry.” I exhaled and nearly had to sit down due to the relief. Mirae giggled as she saw my intense reaction. “Aw, Lulu~ you’re so cute!” I stuck out my tongue at her and then pouted.

“You’re not allowed to do that. I got scared,” I told her sincerely. Mirae nodded her cute little head and stretched up on her toes to peck my lips softly. “Why do you want to re-marry? Can we not just renew our vows and invite only a small amount of people and have a good time?” I inquired curiously. I wondered why Mirae would want to go through a divorce first, especially after I had explained to her that Chinese couples stick with one another. Mirae bit her lip, like she often did whenever she prepared herself to speak. I watched her lashes brush against her cheeks when she closed her eyes and then reopened them. I decided to bring her out of her head and therefore said, “We could invite Jongin too. In fact, he must be there. In my opinion at least. If you feel different then-”

“Lulu, can you be quiet for a second?” I immediately closed my mouth. Feeling the heat move up to my cheeks, I regretted speaking again instead of waiting for her to be ready. T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter