Chapter 61

Compelled to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan’s POV

A bright light hit my eyes and I put a hand up to shield myself from it. I frowned at the sight of the moon shine in through the big windows in our living room. Was it already evening? For how long had I slept? I put my hand down and flinched at the softness it landed on. Carefully I traced my hand downward until it found the floor and I could sit up. Mirae was sleeping soundly next to me. I blinked a few times, trying to recall what had happened before I had fallen asleep. Suddenly, I remembered and a wide smile formed on my lips. I delicately caressed Mirae’s cheek. “You told me you love me...” I whispered. Then I remembered that Jongin had been here, and the smile vanished, recalling what he had informed us of. I sighed and got up on my feet. I looked down at Mirae, and for a moment contemplated whether I should pick her up and carry her to our bed or let her sleep on the floor with a blanket on. I chuckled – I knew already. I gently picked her light body up in my embrace and brought her to the bedroom, putting her down on the soft bed with a dozen pillows. I once again let my hand caress her cheek, and then I headed out, closing the door as I went. I rubbed my eyes tiredly. How much more of this could I take? Weren’t the things Mirae and I had gone through, alone, enough? I went to the kitchen, hoping there would be something in there that could either cheer me up or help me think clearer. We were sadly out of coffee, so I settled with a bottle of suju – placed there by Kris who had hated it. I sat down on the couch in the living room and started pondering on different solutions to our new problem: our parents.

Right when I was beginning to feel somewhat at peace and ready to fully commit to my problem solving, the door opened and Sehun’s familiar voice sounded. “I’m home!” he announced. “Hey, you in there?” I closed my eyes and reopened them. Sehun was bending down on the armrest and staring at me. I stared back at him. “What are you doing...?” he asked suspiciously. I straightened my back as to make it less obvious I had been lost in both time and space.

“Nothing... I’m just...thinking...” I lamely replied. Sehun looked fairly convinced, but was willing to let it go.

“Right... Where’s Mirae?” he instead asked. I pointed towards the bedroom. “Ah... What are you doing then, in the middle of the night?” I raised a brow at him. “It’s two am in the morning,” Sehun explained to my confused self.

“Ah, it is? Fascinating...” I said on impulse. Sehun cracked up in a fit of laughter. “What?” I inquired a bit annoyed. Sehun just shook his head and waved it off.

“Nothing, you’re funny. Anyway, any news? From your father and mother that is.” Great, now he thinks I’m too wasted to even understand him, I thought and put the bottle of suju down on the table.

“It’s my first one,” I remarked, nodding towards it. Sehun nodded his head. “I’m not drunk...” I continued to add some sort of conviction to my statement. Sehun remained indifferent.

“I never implied anything else,” he said. I snorted. Sure... “Now, tell me. Have you heard anything that can either upset me or relieve me?”

“I think upset you more... Or distress you,” I answered. On impulse, again, I grabbed the bottle and brought it to my lips, gulping some of it. The bitter, smoky liquid washed down my throat and left me almost disgusted by the flavour. “Sit,” I told Sehun in a hoarse voice. Again, Sehun gave me the look that made me feel like I had to explain myself. “I’m not used to drinking this,” I muttered under my breath. Sehun bit his lip, holding back another fit of laughter. I rolled my eyes and became serious. “My parents and Mirae’s parents have decided that we are out of control and therefore believe it would be for the best if we got divorced.” I could see Sehun’s expression change drastically, though I noticed every little detail of that change: his drooping mouth, his wrinkles – although very few – on his forehead, his clenched teeth that made his jawline more apparent, and the sparkle of anger in his eyes.

“What?” he, after a while, said. I heard the disbelief and irritation when he spoke. I gave him a short nod to confirm it. When I did, Sehun’s expression softened making him look more worried and scared instead. “B-But...they can’t do that,” he stuttered. “You’re adults! It’s your lives! There’s no way they can legally force you! They must do it by asking it of you but it is YOU who have to take the actual step and sign the papers! And you won’t do that, right?!” Now he trembled as he spoke. It made me smile because it showed how much he loved me and cherished both Mirae and me. I shook my head.

“No, I would never sign any ty papers of that kind. In fact, I’d be more than happy to marry Mirae again. She... told me she loved me, earlier today.” S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter