Chapter 27

Compelled to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s POV

Mirae woke up abruptly as something soft hit her in the fac; it didn’t hurt, but it was enough to make her annoyed. The girl sat up, rubbing her tired eyes. “Woah, nice nightgown. Is it new?” Mirae heard his voice next to her. When she opened her eyes, Mirae let out shriek that was muffled by Luhan’s hand. “Shut up,” he muttered. “Get up,” he continued, “We’re hungry and you’ve been sleeping the whole day. So dress, unless you want to wear that, and get down in the kitchen. All right, wifey? Good.” He stole a kiss and walked out of the room, leaving Mirae confused and aggravated. She checked the clock: it was past seven o’clock in the evening. Had she really slept all day? Suddenly, she recalled the previous night’s events and hugged her legs protectively, shutting her eyes hard to prevent any tears. Since she didn’t want to think more about those things, Mirae got out of bed. Doing stuff might help her to not ponder about it, she figured. She dressed into comfortable clothes – sweatpants and a hoodie – and made her way down to the kitchen. Kris, Luhan and Tao sat in the living room when she got down, playing video games and all three had a beer next to them. Mirae didn’t greet them, instead she quietly proceeded into the kitchen and began searching for ingredients.

“Hey, sugar! What are you making?!” Kris shouted.

“Can you even cook? I don’t eat ,” Tao joined.

“I don’t know the name of the d-dish... But Mrs Lu taught me how to cook it...” Mirae replied weakly. Luhan heaved out a deep sigh and strolled inside the kitchen.

“What kind of wife are you?” He made a pause as he saw the ingredients Mirae had put on the sink. “Oh... You’re making Zhajiangmian. Mom taught you how to make that? Huh. Don’t screw it up then and hurry, we’re hungry and we’re going out afterwards. So you’ll need to dress up nicely, okay?” Mirae stiffened. The last thing she wanted was leaving the house and go to a club only Luhan, Kris and Tao would enjoy themselves at.

“I don’t mind staying here.”

“Oh, no. You’re coming too,” Tao said. Both he and Kris had joined them in the kitchen and now leaned on the wall, eyeing her with a lustful glare. “Just put on something short and tight.” He smirked at her. Luhan eyed her.

“I’ll pick out a dress.” He turned around and disappeared into their room. Kris and Tao returned to the game again, finally leaving Mirae to concentrate on cooking the food. “Yah! Guys, what do you think about this dress? Pretty, huh?” Mirae made the table for the guys to eat and plated up the food for them.

“I’m done,” she informed them. Luhan, Kris and Tao looked up at her.

“Look, princess. I found you the perfect dress. You’re going to look smoking hot in it.” Luhan held up a red lace dress with sleeves going down to the elbows. It was very short, reaching the mid-thigh at the most. Mirae met eyes with Luhan. “Put it on. We’re leaving after we’ve eaten, so get ready.” He threw the dress at her, and went into the kitchen, followed by Kris and Tao.

“Wow, she actually made Zhajiangmian...” Tao pointed at the food. Luhan and Kris sat down.

“Ha, that’s awesome. You’ll never have to cook again,” Kris said, nudging Luhan. “I’m almost a little jealous. You get a maiden that’s hot and able and I just have ordinary, boring maidens. Life’s a .” Luhan chuckled.

“Guess I’m quite lucky then. Although she screamed yesterday. And I was gentler than I’ve been to any other girl. Am I too nice?” Luhan took a bite of his food. “Huh, this tastes good.”

“Yep, you’re turning nice. Dude, what the hell?” Tao exclaimed. Luhan rolled his eyes.

“Whatever. I’ll get back to my old self when I see some hot chicks, get some alcohol in my body and can dance with whoever I want.” He finished his meal and put the plate on the sink. “Come on, let’s go.” Kris and Tao got up as well, putting their plates on the sink. Tao and Kris walked to their room to get ready, while Luhan went to his. He knew exactly what he was going to wear this evening. He picked out his clothes and put them on; a pair of light blue jeans, sneakers and a tight black shirt. Since Luhan loved teasing – girls especially – he left a couple of buttons opened, exposing some of his chest. He did his hair into a ruffled, hot mess and picked out some accessories: a ring, a bracelet and his most expensive watch. He also removed his wedding ring, since that wouldn’t exactly help him get laid. Once he felt done, he walked to the bathroom to brush his teeth as a last detail. But when he opened the door to the bathroom, he witnessed something he hadn’t expected to see. Mirae flinched as the door went up behind her. She had just d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter