Chapter Three

The Dark Knight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~ Come Out ~

 

That night, for the first time, the conversation that you had with your parents interested you. As you silently sat down on the dinner table, eating your steak, your mother and father made a little announcement which they said that you’re involved with.

 

After swallowing her food, she put down her chopsticks and looked at you, “Do you remember your friend who you met in the US a few years ago?” she questioned.

Automatically, the moment when she mentioned the word ‘friend’, your attention was on her but you still acted like you didn’t care. “Bae Suzy? Yeah, I still remember her.”

Your mother continued to eat her dinner while your father finished the sentence instead, “Well, your friend Suzy is moving back to Korea.”

As soon as you heard she was moving back, you couldn’t help but clench your hands into a fist from excitement and smiled, “When is she moving back?”

“Next week,” your mother retorted with almost filled with rice yet she’s the one who always scolds you for not having table manners. “And one more thing,” she paused to get a drink of water, “A close friend of ours are moving next door, they’ll be having dinner with us tomorrow.”

“Be on your best behavior, okay?” your dad demanded.

Rolling your eyes, you replied, “Yeah, sure.”

Suddenly, your mother immediately looked at your father, “Doesn’t Minseo have a son the same age as Ji Hyun? Oh, I forgot what his name was,” She frowned.

“She does but I heard that he’s a trouble maker. They said that he’s usually hanging out with his friends,” your dad turned to you, “I don’t want you near that boy, got it?”

“Minseo must not be raising her child correctly,” your mother said as she took a bite of her food, “Maybe that’s why we’re richer than them,” she giggled.

It was said, the sentence that you hated the most. Not finishing your dinner, you stood up from your chair, “Thanks for the food,” you said coldly then went straight to your room, making sure you lock the door this time so that no one could barge in.

 

You went to the window again, looking out into the dark streets. For some reason, you actually hoped that those boys would be there again – and they were. There was still the same amount of people and you could see Taeyeon’s older brother, Taehyung.

This time, you didn’t reveal yourself. You stayed at the side so that you could still hear and see them, but they couldn’t see you.

 

“V, what are we doing here ag

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter