Chapter Eighteen

The Dark Knight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~ Sweet Days, Sweet Memories ~

 

“Oh! You’re that kid from yesterday, right?” the boy asked you with a smile plastered on his face.

A bit shocked, you stared at him in disbelief, you never thought that you’d be seeing his face again, “Y-yeah,” you stuttered, looking down on your toes.

His smile brightened as he took a seat beside you on the large rock. He stared in amazement at the rushing river in front of him, watching the fish go by, “I’m glad I got to see you again,” he beamed, “The name’s Jungkook, what yours?”

“Ji Hyun,” you answered.

Jungkook nodded his head then quickly took off his shoes and socks, placing them behind his back. He dipped his feet in the water, smiling even brighter than before. Giggling at him, he looked at you in confusion, raising an eyebrow and then smiled. “Ji Hyun-ah, you should do it too, it feels really nice!”

Uncrossing your legs, you did what Jungkook requested. You took off your shoes and moved closer to the edge of the rock since you couldn’t reach thanks to your shortness. Looking down, you smiled at the sight of many different types of fishes passing by. “You’re right, it does feel good,” you said, looking at him.

His eyes suddenly shot wide. Jungkook grabbed your chin, turning it to the left so that the right side of your face was visible, “Is that a scar?” he questioned, staring at your cheek. You pressed your lips and silently nodded your head. “Did your parents do that to you?”

You nodded your head once more, “Don’t worry, I’m already used to it,” you said with a reassuring smile on your face, taking his hand off your chin.

Jungkook bit his lower lip then looked away from you, his eyes on his feet, “You know it’s sad to know that you’ve been hurt that much that you can just say you’re used to the pain,” he said, smile slowly fading away.

 

Hearing his words, you could feel your eyes starting to well up with tears. You never expected that a guy like him would say something like that to you. It’s like he knows you so much yet you two just knew about each other’s existence yesterday. You blinked multiple times to avoid tearing up then smiled at him.

 

“Did you come here alone?” he questioned curiously.

You shook your head, “I’m here with my parents,” you said, turning around and then pointed at the two couple who stood beside a very pretty woman.

At the side of your eyes, you saw Jungkook point his finger at the woman and his smile once again came up, “That’s my mom,” he said, “I guess my mom and your parents are friends.”

 

Surprised, you never would have guessed that she was Jungkook’s mother but the more you look at her, you can see the resemblance. Your eyes suddenly shot wide when you felt something on one of your toes. Looking back at your feet, you lifted your right leg up, exposing a little white fish with its mouth nibbling your whole pinky toe.

 

Jungkook threw his head back and laughed loudly, “That’s hilarious!”

You couldn’t help but laugh with him as the fish slowly slips off your toe. The two of you stared at the fish while it swims away with the others. “I guess my toes don’t taste that good,” you joked making Jungkook laugh even more.

“Jungkook-ah!” you heard someone call out his name. At the same time, both of you turned your gazes at his mother who is waving at him from the nearby bridge. “Come on, it’s time to go home!” she s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter