Chapter Twenty-Eight

The Dark Knight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~ Not Again ~

 

“Ji Hyun-ah, don’t worry – I bet they’re not even home yet. They’re probably still on their little business trip and thought that you came back the next day since you left.” Suzy said, trying her best to convince you that everything is okay – though it might be not.

You shook your head vigorously at her, your eyes never leaving the front door of your house. “I… I have a bad feeling about this…”  

Smiling, she swiftly hooked her arm around your shoulders – perks of her being taller than you. “Oh come on, I’m here for you. If your parents try anything or say anything, I’ll back you up. Just like I always do.”

“Thanks but I don’t-” you began.

 

Completely startled by the front door swinging open, the two of you jumped a little and even held onto each other’s arms. Two men lifting a large brown box came out from the door. You were confused seeing them carrying something big like that.

 

What are my parents up to this time? You wanted to say out loud but no words came out from your mouth.

 

All of a sudden, a large white truck pulled up on the driveway. It was a moving truck. A man came out from the driver’s seat, opening the back door of the truck that was empty.

 

Just out of curiosity, you walked over to the man without any hesitation. “Excuse me, sir,” you tapped his shoulder to get his attention. “Mind if I ask what the truck is for?”

“Whoever owns this place,” he nodded at your house, “is moving.”

 

You couldn’t believe your eyes, you were stunned. Moving? Your parents are moving?! It seemed like you were just staring into the man’s eyes at your frozen state but you couldn’t help it. You couldn’t even move an inch.

 

Just as if Suzy read your mind, she grabbed your arm and dragged you away from the man and into your house where you saw even more men grabbing the belonging in your house and taking them outside.

As quickly as you can, you started running off, into your parents’ bedroom where you had a feeling that they were there.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter