Chapter One

The Dark Knight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~ Hard Life ~

 

This totally bites! Why can’t they just be like one of those parents on TV who don’t give a about what their kids do in their life? You thought as you excited reality for a moment, mentally replying bitterly to every single word your parents say.

 

In the living room, you stayed seated on the white leather couch as your parents stood in front of you, yelling into your ears, trying to discipline you after finding out the results of your recent test scores.

Conversations like this bore you but are still somehow able to leave a little dent on your fragile heart. Your parents want you to be perfect. No mistakes, beautiful, talented, that kind of perfect is what they want their daughter to be. Park Ji Hyun, heiress of Park Cooperation.

 

“What do you think my co-workers would say after they find out that you didn’t get a perfect score on your test?” your father screamed at you as he paces back and forth while rubbing his sweaty temples.

Your mother bobbed her head, collaborating with your father in the argument, “I bet your schoolmates are also surprised at your scores.” She said firmly, crossing her arms. “What do you think they’ll start to call you now instead of ‘Princess Perfect’ who always gets good grades?”

 

Smartass. That’s what the student in school enjoy calling you. You were always the one who tops all the charts when it comes to something logical like tests and anything that involves your brain thinking. Though somehow, you didn’t seem to mind being called like that in a mocking way, you just let them do what they want to please their selves.

 

Furiously, your dad stormed out of the room and went upstairs, leaving your mother all alone with you. You can tell that her eyes are filled with disgust and disappointment at the moment. She let out a low sigh, “Yah, how do you expect to have a good future when you’re grades are like this?” she raised her voice at you which stung your ears.

 

Motionlessly, all you did was blink and breathe as you stared right into her dark eyes. You couldn’t say anything back to her. You’re too scared that she might scold you even more because you talked back to her.

 

Why did I have to be born with abusive, life , close-minded parents? You thought, beginning to ignore your mother’s loud lecture.

 

Seconds after rambling on and on about how you should improve your grades and all that, she finally finished, ending it with very hurtful sentence that throbbed your heart. Words that make you think if she’s actually your mother. “Listen, you’re our only daughter. You need to be successful just like your father and I. So get your acts straight or I’ll postpone your music lessons.”

 

That was all she cared about, being successful and rich in life. Nothing else seemed to be important to her, not even your interests. There is more that you want to do instead of just staying in your room, studying until your brain is fried from filling it with so much knowledge and crap that your won’t even need.

 

You waited unt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter