Chapter Twenty-One

The Dark Knight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~ Sacrifice ~

 

“Umma, let me hold these for you,” Kai insisted as he took the grocery bags from his mother’s hand.

His mother resisted, “Kai, it’s fine, they’re not that heavy,” she tried to reason but she knew it wouldn’t work knowing how stubborn her son can be at times.

He vigorously shook his head, “Let me,” he insisted once more. His mother sighed with a smile and gave him one of the lighter grocery bags so that he’ll be able to carry them. With Kai’s free hand he held his tightly on his mother’s that wasn’t carrying anything.

Kai’s mother smiled brightly, looking down on him as he marched, swinging the lightweight bag in his hands. “Did you just do that so that you could hold onto my hand?” she lightly giggled.

 

The little boy nodded his head, looking up to smile back at her mother. Kai has always loved her mother and respects her a lot because she’s the only family member he has after his dad left them. He promised himself that he would be the one taking care of her in the future like how she’s taking care of him right now.

The two continued to walk, halting at a stop sign, the traffic light blinking yellow. They suddenly heard loud screams from a little boy that was coming closer towards them. Kai and his mother both looked behind them seeing a little boy running after a ball while another boy, who seemed a bit older, ran after him, continuously yelling his name.

 

“YAH JEON JUNGKOOK! STOP!” the older boy yelled, trying his hardest to reach out for the younger one.

“Don’t worry hyung, I’ll get it!” he yelled back at him, his eyes glued on the rolling ball on the ground.

 

Jungkook didn’t stop and kept chasing the ball. He was headed right in the middle of a busy road. He stopped and smiled as he picked up the orange basketball of the ground. He heard loud honking sounds and looked to his right seeing a truck heading his way. Kai’s mother quickly let go of Kai’s hand and dropped all her groceries onto the ground, chasing after the little boy who is about to be struck by the speeding truck. .

Jungkook suddenly felt a sudden force pushing him off the street and onto the sidewalk, making him drop the ball. He was shocked as he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter