Chapter Two

The Dark Knight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~ Kim Taehyung ~

 

As you grabbed your books from inside your locker, you could hear distant loud screams from those insanely, boy-obsessed girls. When you entered the classroom, you sat down on your designated desk, quietly minding your own business – staring out the window – while the other students in the room chat with their friends before class.

Of course, no one wants to talk to the nerd of the school who always beats everyone’s high score and makes them feel bad about their grades but being that smart isn’t bad sometimes either. You get to help other students with their school work. It’s not like you don’t have any friends in this school or anything, it’s just that your only best friend is somewhere in the US, and the fact that your parents isolate you from ever meeting anyone doesn’t help that much either.

 

“Excuse me, Ji Hyun?” a familiar feminine voice called your name. You turned around to see the source, it was Dohee, your classmate.

Smiling, you noticed she put down her textbook on top of your desk. Looking at the current page she flipped it to, you looked up to her without having the smile on your face erased. “You need help?”

She bobbed hear head and smiled back at you, “Yes, I need help with this question,” The student leaned in closer, pointing at the problem that she had trouble with.

 

You explained the formula to her while she continuously nodded her head whenever she understood what you clarified. As you finished, she smiled brightly at you then bowed and said her thanks. You watched as she walked along to her own desk and went back to her studies before class started.

You always thought that she was one cute girl, with her being short and all and her long blonde hair tied up in two pigtails. You were still amazed at the fact that she was able to dye her hair blonde in the first place.

 

“Okay students, get out your pens and pencils because you’re going to do a pop quiz today!” the teacher – Mr. Jang – announced as soon as he entered the room with a stack of papers in his hands.

 

Everyone in the classroom let out annoyed sighs and murmured about how they hated this so much, it irritated you a little, hearing their voices echo in the room when their tones were filled with disgust. You can’t really complain about it though, you hated pop quizzes too but you kept your opinions to yourself.

 

Minutes Later

Grades are back, and obviously you got a perfect score – not really a big surprise. But there was something else that caught you’re attention when Mr. Jang was handing out the test papers.

 

Mr. Jang let out a loud sigh as he held someone’s test paper in his hands. He looked at the boy worriedly, not knowing what happened to his grades. “Jeon Jungkook, you had such good grades before, what happened?”

The boy – named Jungkook – shrugged then after a moment of silence between them, he came out with an answer that sounded so dull and bland, “I don’t know

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter