Chapter Forty-Five

The Dark Knight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~ Rush ~

 

“Taehyung oppa, where you going?” Taeyeon questioned curiously as she tugs playfully on his jacket.

He grabbed her hand and knelt down to her eye level. “I’m going out with someone,” he smiled at her.

Her eyes widened excitedly, “Chanmi unnie? Is it Chanmi unnie?” she asked over and over again, jumping up and down on her feet like she was on a trampoline.

“What’s this? Did your oppa finally found someone?” Taehyung’s mother giggled from the kitchen. She nudged her husband. “Yah, did you know our Taehyungie has a girlfriend?”

His father took his attention away from the unwashed dishes and turned to Taehyung who was about to exit through the door. “What?! You had a girlfriend and didn’t even tell us about her? How old is she? Where does she live? Does she still go to school?”

Taehyung laughed at him, couldn’t help but smile at how active he was even at this age. “Appa, calm down. She’s not even my girlfriend yet.”

“Yet.” His father emphasized the last words of his sentence.

Taeyeon tugged on her brother’s jacket once more. “I want you and Chanmi unnie to be girlfriend and boyfriend! If you two get married in future, I get to have a little niece or nephew!”

Everyone’s eyes widened at Taeyeon’s statement. Taehyung could only laugh awkwardly at her while scratching the back his neck, “Now, now, let’s not get too carried away with this.”

The little girl looked up to his mom and dad with a gentle smile on her face. “Chanmi unnie is a really nice girl. She helped me with my math homework the last time I was at her house.”

“So she’s smart,” Taehyung’s father said, his chin.

The mother tilted her head to the side and bent down to Taeyeon’s eye level. “Now why were you at her house? Was your oppa with you?”

She shook her head. “I was in a study group with her little brother and we were studying at her house. She was a really big help, she even made us snacks. I forgot what they were called but it was delicious! I feel bad that she couldn’t play with us that much because of her eye.”

“What’s wrong with her eye?” the adults asked in unison.

Taeyeon didn’t hesitate to answer. “Chanmi unnie is blind.”

“She’s not blind,” Taehyung commented. “Well not fully blind. She’s half blind – you know – one eye’s good, one eye’s kind of not good,” he tried to explain.

An approving smile came up on his father’s face as the old man placed a hand on his shoulder. “Take good care of her, okay?”

“Don’t worry, I’ll take good care of her and treat her like the princess she is,” he grinned. Kissing his little sister’s head and his mother’s cheek, he left out the door with a wave. “I’ll be back before dinner!”

 

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

 

“Okay, let’s see. Hair’s good, breath’s good and clothes are good.” He said to himself as he was about to knock on Chanmi’s door but abruptly, the door op

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter