Chapter Thirty-Nine

The Dark Knight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~ Outcome ~

 

“Kai, thank you so much for helping. If we didn’t come here, I could be flying on a plane tomorrow to America,” you said with a smile and bowed your head.

 

Remembering that you told your parents that you’d be home in less than three hours made you realize that you had to hurry as fast as you can back to Seoul. But after spending about an hour in the restaurant, trying to figure out the plan for tomorrow, you know you’ll be late.

 

Saying your byes, you headed to the bus station but the absence of following footsteps behind you made you stop. You half turned to look at Jungkook who was glaring at Kai as if the two are having a staring contest. “Jungkook,” you held his hand, “Come on let’s go, we have to be back-”

“What’s the catch?” he cut you off with a question for Kai. He totally ignored what you were trying to say.

Just by the expression Kai has on his face, he was also confused by Jungkook’s question. “What catch?”

“You helped us. There has to be something you want in return.”

“Jungkook!” this was just absurd. Kai is already helping, being nice and all that and he asks him if there’s a catch?! Jungkook, you are one stubborn guy.

Kai grinned widely, a devilish smile. “Now that you say it, there is a catch that I’m willing to add to this.”

“Are you serious?!” this is just ridiculous.

Nodding his head, Kai crossed his arms over his chest, the smile he had on his face never fading. “If you want me to continue this plan, I want…” he paused purposely for dramatic effect. “I want your forgiveness.”

“Wait, what?” both you and Jungkook were surprised, that’s really not what you expected.

You let out a relieved sigh, “Looks like I was worried for nothing,” you said under your breath, not wanting them to hear.

“I want forgiveness… after all the things I’ve done…”

“If this plan works then I’ll accept your apology, okay?” Jungkook smiled at him, his words informal. As he swiftly takes your hand, he waved goodbye to Kai before running off with you.

“Yah! Jeon Jungkook! Has your mom even taught you formalities? What you did right now was very rude.”

Jungkook didn’t bother to even look at you and just continued to run towards the bus station. “She did but when has anyone stopped me for doing what I want?”

 

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

 

“You’re an hour late,” your dad said as you entered the front door of your house. He was on his computer, probably doing something for his business.

You let out a little sigh, “I’m sorry, we had some troubles getting onto the bus,” you lied. Waiting for about a minute, you had a feeling that your dad would say something else but it didn’t seem like it.

 

Walking towards your room upstairs, your mother stopped you on the stairs, her gaze a bit nicer than usual which made you wonder if anything had happened between your parents.

 

“Ji Hyun-ah, go take a seat on the couch beside your father – we need to talk,” she demanded and you followed.

Your dad closed his laptop and set it down on the coffee table as your mom took a seat beside him. “Since you didn’t want to be a doctor like we wanted,” your dad began.

“We thought that you didn’t have to anymore,” your mother said, finishing his sentence.

Your eyes widened in confusion. “What?”

The old man smiled at you, which was really weir

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter