Chapter Twenty-Seven

The Dark Knight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~ Seeing Stars ~

 

The two of you ran. To Jungkook, the run was nothing and only felt like doing one lap around their gym in school while you felt like you just ran a marathon. This little experience reminded you of your past with him.

It was then he finally stopped. You were panting like you’ve never panted before. Deep breaths in and out. You and Jungkook stopped in front of a fenced garden. Many kinds of assorted flowers surrounded a large tree in a middle, a pathway of stones leading to it.

Jungkook smiled and walked closer. You watched him as Jungkook walked confidently towards the tree, staring at a very specific place on the ground. Walking beside him, you looked forward and noticed a tombstone that you could have easily missed due to the minimum amount of light.

 

“Jungkook,” you said, almost in a whisper.

Looking at the boy, you could see him smile. “Ji Hyun-ah,” he paused to inhale, still tired out from that long run. “Meet my dad.”

 

You just blinked for a second, still processing the fact that Jungkook just basically introduced you to his role model, the guy that he usually wouldn’t stop talking about. You were about to say something but Jungkook beat you to it.

 

“Dad, this is Ji-Hyun, my best friend,” he smiled.

 

You were seeing a totally different side of Jungkook right now which amazed you. A side that you haven’t seen in a long time. For ten years.

Smiling back at him as he turned towards the tombstone, you held his hand. A bold move for someone like you. You squeezed his hand and you felt him to the same but tighter, like he was never planning on letting you go.

 

“My parents used to hang out here on this very spot when they were young,” he began. “My mom told me that this tree here gave them a lot of memories.”

 

Jungkook tugged your hand, motioning you to follow. The two of you ended up on the other side of the tree. Right there you saw something engraved on the tree that seemed a little faded. You walked closer to see what it said just out of curiosity.

 

Ji Yong X Min Seo

 

It was a cute sight to see that after all these years the words that were engraved by a sharp tool on that tree was still there. It was romantic.

Noticing other words engraved below the couple’s names, you saw very familiar words that you recognized perfectly.

 

Together we are bulletproof.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter