Chapter Thirty-Eight

The Dark Knight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~ The Plan ~

 

“So you two work here now?” you curiously asked, trying not to make this little reunion a little less awkward.

Wonwoo lightly shook his head. “Yeah, we had this job for a while now – all thanks to Kai.”

“Kai?” both you and Jungkook said questioningly aloud in unison, a bit baffled.

Daehyun leaned on the side of this table. “Hard to believe isn’t it? After all the things the man has done.”

“Totally,” Jungkook bluntly commented and the two boys just nodded their heads.

“His dad found out about what he was doing, abused some sense back into him, and now he’s… different – in a good way of course.” Wonwoo explained vaguely but it was easily understandable.

A thought snapped into your mind. “Wait, did you say abuse?”

 

As if on cue, a chime was suddenly heard from the entrance. The four of you curiously looked at the person who came in. The man looked familiar, the tallness, tanned skin and the silvery white hair. Kai.

 

“Yo!” Wonwoo happily waved at him. “Guess who decided to visit us today,” he said, pointing at the table where you and Jungkook sat.

Looking at Jungkook, you can tell he was getting really uncomfortable in his current situation. Taking his warm hand, you gazed at him with a reassuring smile. Leaning towards Jungkook on the other side of the table, you whispered, “Let it slide, Jungkook. At least he didn’t kill me-“

“But he was planning on doing it,” he snapped, cutting you off from your sentence.

Wanting to say something to Jungkook, you cut yourself off after seeing Kai stand in front of your table. “Oh hey-” you began.

“I’m sorry.” Kai suddenly said, bending his hand to do a ninety-degree angled bow.

The sudden gesture surprised you. “What?”

Still in the bowing position, he repeated, “I’m sorry,” he said, “For all the trouble I caused you.”

Jungkook abruptly shot up from his seat, startling everyone who was in your area. Luckily there weren’t that many people there. “You expect us to accept your apology just like that?!”

You immediately grabbed you boyfriend’s arm, “Jungkook-”

“No,” he snapped in an instant. “He could have almost killed you! I could have lost-”

 

Ring! Ring! Ring!

 

You sighed in relief, “Thank god, perfect timing,” the words came out as a whisper. “Hello?”

“Ji Hyun-ah, where are you?!” your father yelled through the phone so loudly that you had to move your phone away from your ear.

“Dad, stop yelling. I’m with a friend.”

“Suzy?”

You didn’t want to lie but you knew you had to. “Uh, yeah, sure,” you answered back. Looks like you have to give Suzy a little text after this call.

“You have an hour to come home and start packing.”

You looked at the four boys who were in front of you. “Excuse me for a moment,” you said, trying not to sound like everything was fine.

 

Scooting out of your chair, you walked outside, leaving the boys a little confused. You constantly told your pare

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter