Chapter Thirty

The Dark Knight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~ Let's Have Fun ~

 

“Minseo, we weren’t expecting for you to come here.” You mother said, surprised to see her neighbor suddenly pay her a visit. Gesturing her inside her home, she insisted on making Minseo tea.

“Oh, no, it’s okay. I’m just here to talk about something,” she smiled, sitting on one of the couches in the living room.

Coming in the room, your dad immediately spotted Minseo sitting down, curious about her visit. “Minseo, it’s nice to meet you again,” he said nicely, shaking shanks with her, sitting on the opposite side of the room with a tablet in his hands. “What brings you here?”

“I heard you were moving back to America,” she began and in less than seconds, she caught your parents’ full attention.

Your father became even more curious. “Yes, we are. How did you know that?”

“We’re neighbors, I saw moving trucks and men coming in and out of your house.”

“Do you have any concern about us leaving?” your mother asked, placing a glass of water in front of Minseo on the coffee table and then sat beside her partner.

“Uh… yeah… I actually do,” she cleared . “It’s Ji Hyun, have you talked to her about this yet?”

Your dad sat back on his seat, placing his tablet on the coffee table. ”Of course we’ve talked to her about this-”

“But did she agree to leave Korea and move back to America?” she suddenly blurted, cutting your father off.” She bit her bottom lip.

“She doesn’t have to,” your mother began, “What we say goes. That’s final.”

“Mr. and Mrs. Park, have you seen Ji Hyun smile whenever she’s with you? Have you ever listened to her ideas, take interest in what she likes to do as a hobby or talked to her about herself without involving how well she’s doing in school and her future?”

“Where is this going Ms. Jeon?” your father questioned, crossing his arms over his chest, a serious expression painted on his face as he exaggerated his words.

 

Minseo took a deep breath, she was afraid that talking about this with your parents would have them end their partnership with her – knowing that their really stubborn and controlling – but it was worth it.

She kept thinking, telling herself over and over again that she’s doing this for you. She knew exactly how you felt in this situation, she was having the same problems herself back when she was the same age as you. Her parents were just as controlling as your parents are and even had her have an arranged marriage with someone she doesn’t even know.

 

“You shouldn’t force Ji Hyun to be at the top, to be who she doesn’t want to be. She’s just a teenager you should let her do whatever she wants, be who she wants to be and be with the people she wants to be that makes her happy.”

Your dad looked at her wife for a second and she nodded her head at him. “We appreciate that you care for our daughter but we have already made up our minds. She’s coming with us.” He said as he got up from his seat, grabbing his tablet and walked toward the stairs.

“I understand that Ji Hyun talked to you but we already have everything set. Our Ji Hyun can always make new friends,” your mother reasoned.

“But Mrs. Jeon, even if she makes new friends in America, do you think she’ll be happy?”

 

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

 

Jungkook held your hands tightly in his, letting you know that he’ll never let go of you again. It was quiet and peaceful by the beach, the place where you found out that Jungkook was the one from ten years ago. No one disturbing you, no one to tell you what to do, especially no parents.

The two of you watched as the sun was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter