Chapter Thirteen

The Dark Knight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~ Hung Up ~

 

“So you went on a date with Jungkook, found out that he was the boy from ten years ago, was late and got caught by your dad so you ended up having a sleepover with him,” Suzy spoke quickly under one breath, summarizing the long story that you had told her, “Sounds like it was an interesting day for you.”

You nodded your head, “It was. Even until now my hand is still shaking after running away from my dad.”

“Does Jungkook know that you’re the girl?”

You shook your head, “I want to confirm it first by seeing if his key actually fits my locket,” you quickly explained.

Suzy tilted her head, “Didn’t you like lock your locket in a box somewhere in your room?” she asked, “And aren’t your parents’ home on the weekends, are you sure you can just go in that door?”

Giggling, you shook your head at her, “Of course not,” you replied, “That’s why I’m going to sneak in from the back door and get out of there as soon as I can.”

“Where are you going to go after that? Are you going to stay at Jungkook’s place the whole time?”

You shook your head once more, “I don’t want to be a nuisance to them so I’m staying at your place for a while.”

Suzy’s lips suddenly curved into a devilish smile, “Well I have no objections to that, my parents aren’t going to be home for like a week anyways.”

 

Later

As you stealthily go through the back door of your house, you noticed that your parents were nowhere to be seen inside the main floor of your house. The whole living room was dead silent, it’s like no one’s even home at the moment.

Slowly making your way into your room, you came across your parents’ bedroom which was slightly opened. You sighed in relief after seeing the two lying in bed together, fast asleep.

 

They must have had a hard time at work to be sleeping this early in the afternoon.

 

Opening your door, you were glad that it didn’t squeak like it usually did every time someone opens it. You walked into your room comfortably, heading your way towards your dresser where the locked jewelry box is placed. Opening one of the drawers, it revealed your casual everyday clothes. You reached your hand in, trying to look for the red book you had kept with you after all those years.

Finally finding it, you quickly flipped the book to the last page where you taped the key to your jewelry box. Removing the silver object, you picked up your jewelry box, using the key open it. Inside was the locket that you h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter