Chapter Thirty-Six

The Dark Knight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~ Back to Busan ~

 

Jungkook pulled you in, embracing you as tightly as he could. You were squished in his arms but the feeling of him being there for you made you feel safe. He was like a blanket of protection that wrapped around you.

 

“It was just a dream, ok? Nothing like that is ever going to happen to you in real life,” he said, his tone so sincere.

You continued to cry in his arms, “It felt so real…”

“Ji Hyun-ah,” he whispered and pulled you off of him, cupping your chin with his warm hands and wiped your tears away. “I’ll make sure you won’t get on that plane tomorrow, okay? I promise.”

Pressing your lips to stop crying, you smiled at him. “What are you doing here?” you suddenly asked then looked at the time. “It’s in the three morning.”

“Didn’t you remember? I told you to wake up early for a surprise.”

“I remember, I just didn’t think it would have to be this early.”

“Well, since you’re awake, go and get ready or we’ll miss it.”

“Miss what?”

“I told you, it’s a surprise. You can continue sleeping in the train later.”

You couldn’t help but smile and sigh with defeat. It was cute how he was really into what he was planning, he’s almost as excited as you are. “Fine,” you said and walked towards your closet, holding onto the handle but then stopped after realizing something. “Umm… Jungkook…”

“Hmm?” he hummed.

“Can you wait outside while I change?”

“Oh,” the thought just occurred to him. “Ok, I’ll just be at the bench across the street.”

 

Walking towards the window, Jungkook waved at you then jumped out the window casually like he’s done it many times. You giggled then turned towards your wardrobe, with most of the ones packed, all the clothes that were left there was the ones that you got for yourself a couple months ago, the ones that your parents didn’t buy for you and was cheap and yet stylish.

 

You the lights before changing then took off your clothes. Looking in the mirror, you smiled seeing how your attire was very simple, dark denim jeans and a white plain shirt with an oversized blue hoodie on top, which you happened to love a lot.

The thing that you didn’t know about, while you were changing, was that Jungkook happened to be staring from outside your window. The shadow of you taking off your clothes… awakened something in him as he watched you.

 

“Hey,” you waved at the dazed boy who had his hand placed on his leather coat that sat on his lap. “Why are you staring-”

You snapped him out of his thoughts. “Nothing!” he suddenly said all of a sudden. He cleared his throat, “I-I mean… uh… l-let’s just go.” He laughed awkwardly, scratching the back of his head.

 

Walking to the train station didn’t seem as long a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter