Chapter Twenty-Three

The Dark Knight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~ Punch ~

 

“If you want me to kill me that much. Do it.”

 

Everyone’s eyes widened in surprised. No one expected Jungkook to say such words, even Kai was bewildered when he was trying to give him the knife.

Before Kai could do anything, Jungkook threw the knife in front of his foe, the blade almost hitting his knee. Kai’s insides raged, he was pissed at how Jungkook looked down on him, how he made him feel small.

His hands darted to pick up the knife from the ground, getting up on his feet and placed the blade on Jungkook neck, holding his collar tight.

 

“Killing him won’t do any good.” Wonwoo suddenly interrupted, talking sense into Kai’s head. “It won’t bring the dead back to life.”

 

With Wonwoo’s words, Kai stood silent. He didn’t make a single move. Jungkook was still in his grasp, his knife lightly touching the flesh of his neck. He gripped the knife tighter, not knowing what his next move should be.

The sudden thought of his mother’s death, her body lying on the cold ground with her body spilling a pool of blood, the image was totally horrifying. He felt rage when he saw the little boy across the street, the one who caused all of this, the one who made him feel hatred for years.

 

He scoffed. “Wouldn’t do any good, huh?”

 

Averting the knife from Jungkook’s neck, Kai dropped it and sighs of relief were suddenly heard from the background. Though he let go of the knife, Kai didn’t loosen his grip on Jungkook’s collar, he held it even tighter.

He lifted his arm and punched Jungkook right in the face making him drop to the ground from the sudden action. Jungkook winced in pain as he gently placed a finger on his lip to find it bleeding.

 

Kai turned to Wonwoo after watching his opponent on the ground, “I hate it how you can easily change my mind.”

 

Baekhyun and Hyuk were bewildered, they’ve known Kai for years and they knew that Kai is not the type of person to change his mind. They were surprised to see how easily he gave in when he’s been wanting to kill Jungkook for years.

Wonwoo and Daehyun released their grasps of their friends, helping them up. The two only hope that after what they did, betraying them, would easily be forg

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter