Chapter Fifty-Two

The Dark Knight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~ Day Off ~

 

You tossed your head a bit, enjoying the warmth that was against your body. You slowly opened your eyes and looked up only to see Jungkook’s face so close to you, his arms were around you tightly.

What time is it, you asked yourself curiously, trying shift your head slowly to look at the clock on the wall without moving too much to wake up Jungkook. It was almost pitch black in your room, you could barely see the time.

A flash. It was all too sudden but you knew what that flash of light meant. You couldn’t help but jolt in fear and cover your ears as much as you can to block the horrific sound of the thunder. Because of your movements, you unintentionally woke up Jungkook.

 

He was surprised. “Ji Hyun-ah…” you heard him say but his voice was muffled. Jungkook’s tight embrace suddenly loosened as he tried to grab his phone from the nightstand beside the bed. He looked at the time, a confused expression came upon his face. “Its 6am,” he said then looked towards the barely draped window. It was dark out and it seemed like the lights were still out.

 

Another flash of light, that time it was big, you knew it. You pushed yourself closer to Jungkook’s chest, trying as best as you can to ignore the sounds of the storm with his calming heartbeat. It barely worked.

You suddenly felt Jungkook’s warm hands go over your ears, doing so somehow blocked the sound of thunder even more. Thank you.

 

~ * ~  * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

 

“Kids, your school just called – no school for today due to the blackout and the storm!” Minseo yelled from downstairs. There was no answer from any of you. Minseo assumed that both you and Jungkook were still asleep so she left a note on the table instead.

 

She recited the words out loud as she wrote them down on a piece of blank paper. “Call me… if anything happens… I’ll… be at the company… Mr. Kim wanted to… talk.”

 

With that, she signed it as ‘Mom’ and left it on the fridge door since she knew that the fridge would be the first thing that Jungkook would look at first thing in the morning. Though it was gloomy and pouring rain outside, she still needed to go to work right after Mr. Kim called her. It was apparently an emergency.

 

~ * ~ * ~ *  ~ *  ~ * ~

 

You woke up again, this time there was no one cradling you in their arms. You looked outside and was relieved to see that the storm isn’t so bad anymore even though there was still light rumbling from the clouds.

 

“Going to school in this weather would be such a pain…” you complained and looked at the clock mounted on the wall. “!” you cursed. It was already 10:30 and you just woke up.

 

Jumping right out of bed you headed downstairs. You saw Jungkook s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter