Prologue

The Dark Knight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Prologue~

 

Confidently walking towards the front of the room and beside the teacher’s podium, she began to introduce herself to her new class, “Hello, my name is Park Ji Hyun. Nice to meet you.” She smiled brightly.

 

After introducing herself, the students began to whisper to their friends beside them. Some words were flattering but some were just plain mean. Most of the girls thought that Ji Hyun was a threat right off the bat.

 

“Dudes, this chick is so cute!”

“Hey, I’ve seen her before.”

“Isn’t she the daughter of Park Cooperation? Those guys are crazy rich!”

“Yah, look at this girl. She think she’s all that because she has millions and already has half of the guys in class fawning over her.”

“I know right! I bet she’s too busy being rich that she doesn’t even have time to study at all. She could be a total .”

 

Ji Hyun mentally shook her head, shaking all the mean words that are spreading, faster than a wildfire. “Take the empty seat beside Jungkook over there.” The teacher instructed as she pointed at an empty seat between the window and a male student with dark, jet black hair.

 

I feel like I’ve met this person before. Ji Hyun suspiciously thought as she passed by him. Setting her books down on the top her desk, she placed her school essentials in the desk. She sat at the very back of the room so she couldn’t help but sit up straighter and extend her neck because of the multiple heads blocking the black board where the teacher swiftly writes notes.

Ji Hyun let out an inaudible sigh in defeat as she goes back to her normal position while she gazes down on her wordless paper. This is what I get for being short. She complained to herself.

 

Unexpectedly, she felt a light tap on her shoulder. She turned her head to see Jungkook take his paper and place it on her desk. With an expressionless face, he whispered quietly, “Here… I finished taking the notes… just give it back when you’re done.”

Accepting his offer, Ji Hyun smiled at the boy, “Thank you,” she said as the boy slowly looked away from her to listen to the teacher up front. He’s nicer than he looks. She thought.

 

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

 

Smiling, Jungkook’s friend Hoseok nudged his shoulder as they held their trays of food to where they normally sit in the cafeteria, “Kookie-ah, who’s the new girl over there? I heard she’s in the same class as you.” he questioned curiously, as he gazed his eyes towards the girl sitting alone in one of the tables far away from them, by the wide open window.

Jungkook swallowed his food before answering his older hyung, “Her name’s Park Ji Hyun… daughter of Park Cooperation.” He explained soullessly as he continued with his food, not giving his classmate a single glance.

“Why do you speak so coldly of her?” his other friend, Namjoon, asked his younger friend, raising an eyebrow at him.

The boy finally gave Ji Hyun a second glace as he immediately turned his head. L

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter