Chapter Eleven

The Dark Knight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~ It's Hot ~

 

“Umma, I’m home!” Jungkook yelled as he entered his house – using the back door.

 

You came in with him, his hand still tightly holding onto yours. As the two of you took off your shoes, you heard loud footsteps shifting above your heads. Reaching the bottom of the stairs, you saw Jungkook’s mother in her nightgown, her expression filled with worry as she ran towards the two of you.

 

His mother gave him a hug right when he took a step forward. As she pulled him away, she held onto Jungkook’s shoulders, “Jungkook-ah, why are you so late?” she began, “I was really worried about you.”

“I’m sorry,” he apologized, “I was helping out Ji Hyun with something.”

Minseo looked at you without having her worried expression erased from her face, “Why? What happened? Is everything alright?” she questioned. She looked right at your features, “Ji Hyun-ah, have you been crying?” lifting her hand, she grabbed your chin, turning it to the side so that you left cheek would be visible, “Did you get slapped?”

You nodded your head, “It’s a long story.”

The older woman let’s go of your chin then grabbed both yours and Jungkook’s hands, “That’s fine,” she smiled, “I’m sure you guys didn’t eat yet so let’s talk over it during dinner, okay?” she said, leading the two of you to the dining table.

 

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

 

Minseo nodded her head, “So that’s what happened,” she said, looking down onto the table. Seconds later, she lifted her head up with a smile plastered on her face, “Well, you can stay here as long as you want, you can stay in the guest room.”

You bowed your head, “Thank you.”

She waved her hands at you, “There’s no need to thank me. Though, I will do something about your parents’ despicable behavior,” she added as she stood up from her chair.

Your eyes suddenly shot wide, “Unnie, you don’t have to do that-”

“No.” she said sternly, cutting you off from finishing your sentence, “I can’t stand it when adults don’t treat their children right,” clenching her fists, she headed to the stairs, “Jungkook will show you to the guest room,” she smiled before disappearing into her own room.

 

Worried, your head bobbed down as you stared blankly at your empty plate, having yourself caught in your thoughts. You felt your hands starting to get cold.

Without even realizing it, Jungkook looked at you, noticing that you’re worried about having his mother deal with your situations herself. He grabbed your cold, slightly shivering hands, taking you away from your thoughts.

 

“It’s going to be fine,” he said with a reassuring tone to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter