Chapter Forty

The Dark Knight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~ New Life ~

 

Three Days Later

 

“Who would have thought that the guy that almost killed you was the one that helped you make all your problems go away?” Suzy said as she helped you unpack one of the boxes on the floor.

You nodded your head in agreement, “It’s odd but I’m thankful that Kai helped.”

 

It was a surprise that the plan actually worked. That day was so nerve-wracking that you’d do anything just to forget what happened that day, only because the moment you went home with your parents, everything started to fall again. Though you disliked that day, you also wanted to cherish it. Because you finally stood up.
 

Three Days Ago

 

“Listen here young lady,” your dad practically yelled at you. He walked towards you, poking you with his finger on your forehead. “What did you tell him? You made us look like fools in there!”
 

You said nothing. Your mother was quiet and didn’t say a word to help your poor little self, she just listened and watched you being punished again.

 

“How did you even know about him? Yah, Park Ji Hyun, do you even know how angry I am right now?” he kept yelling that you were almost at the verge of tears. “You’re going to cry again? Weak!”

“Yeobo, that’s enough, you’re yelling too much,” your mother finally spoke. This was actually the first time she defended you.

Your dad completely ignored your mother. “I planned everything for you so that you will be successful in the future and this is what you do-”

“I don’t want the future you planned!” you yelled out, finally had enough of all this madness. “You know what, I’m tired of the two of you always telling me what to do, trying to control everything in my life! I’m tired of being your puppet! You never let me do what I want and that bothers me a lot. You think you know me? Well you don’t! I bet you guys don’t even know the things I like!”

“Hey, that’s enough young lady-”

“No. You’ve been controlling my life for eighteen years now but all of that stops now. I’m not your puppet anymore. I want happiness! Happiness that you guys never gave me. These past few weeks have been the happiest days of my life because I’ve found new friend, friends that actually care about me unlike my parents.” With that long speech, you stormed into your room.

 

Now

 

“Wow, I can’t believe you said that,” Suzy said as she took a seat on the couch.

Taking a seat beside her, you laid down, your head on her lap as she played with strands of your hair. “I know, I can’t believe it either.”

She patted your head, “I’m proud of you, Ji Hyun. You finally stood up.”

 

This was honestly the most peaceful and comfortable moment you’ve had with Suzy since you’ve met. Thankfully, since it was just the two of you, you were just wearing nothing but an oversized shirt and underwear. You didn’t have t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter