Chapter Twelve

The Dark Knight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~ Bonding ~

 

That morning, you woke up early. The image of Jungkook half- from last night still lingered in your thoughts – not that you’re complaining or anything. You got out of the guest room, heading towards the bathroom. The moment you came out, you saw Jungkook’s mother pass by.

 

“Oh, Ji Hyun, you’re already awake?” she questioned. You nodded your head, “I was just about to make breakfast for the three of us, would you like to help?”

Nodding your head once more, you replied, “Sure.”

 

As you prepared an American-style breakfast – omelet with rice on the side, you felt like you gotten even closer to Minseo. She felt more like a mother to you than what you had back home. Minseo’s a really nice woman, caring, and sometimes unexpected but in a good way of course.

The two of you sat down on the dining table, eating your breakfasts as the two of you socialized with each other, getting to know one another more.

 

Minseo suddenly stood up from her chair to grab something out of the bookshelf nearby. She smiled widely as she walked back towards the table, “I know Jungkook will probably scold me for doing this but he doesn’t really have that much girl friends that know about his childhood,” she said, opening the photo album filled with baby pictures of Jungkook.

Your eyes widened after seeing the familiar face. For a moment, you giggled at the sight of little Jungkook being so cute, “How old was he when you took this picture?” you asked, pointing to one of the photos where Jungkook stood alone, looking at the sky, not smiling as he holds onto a key in his little hands.

“This one? I think Jungkook was 8-years-old when I took this picture,” she explained, “He was actually crying when I took this picture of him, I had a hard time making him stop.”

“Why did he cry?” you asked curiously.

Minseo cleared , “When he was about five, he met this girl that he ended up having strong feelings for her. The two would always play with each other all the time, it was really cute,” then the sweet smile that was on her face slowly faded, “When the little girl moved to America for a while, they lost contact of each other.”

 

It’s the exactly the same as your story.

 

Minseo flipped to another page revealing Jungkook holding hands with a girl as the two smiled brightly towards the camera. Her eyes suddenly widened as she looked at the picture then looked at you. “Ji Hyun…” she said, almost inaudible. “Do you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter