Chaper Fifty-Five

The Dark Knight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The New Beginning

 

2022

Time flew by quickly. Five years after graduating and going through college you became a pretty successful music and English teacher in one of schools where most idols went to. You loved kids and music so it was a combination of things you liked the most.

During the first part of those five years, you became pretty separated from your friends but still kept in touch. You didn’t want to go abroad and just wanted to stay in Seoul, so you did. There were many good things that happened with Chanmi already having 5-year-old twins with Taehyung. The two were just like their father, always happy and active.

Meanwhile, your relationship with Jungkook got a bit harder after not being able to see him that much when you were in college but the two of you managed to go through it. He’s a dancer now, he went on tours around the world with his two hyungs, Jimin and Hoseok. They were the ultimate dancing trio.

The three came back to Seoul and became dance teachers, teaching their pupils how to do different styles of dancing. The songs that they danced to were one of the best, not just because it was produced by Yoongi and Namjoon who are known for their hip-hop tracks in BigHit. Jin, the oldest one from their little gang yet he’s the one who’s mostly being teased by his own younger friends. He became a big hit too, he’s now the main lead of the new drama he’s being casted on.

 

Putting all those good things aside, the boys – sometimes including you and Chanmi – still have gatherings and hang out with each other once in a while. It’s nice that they’re still good friends after all those years.

 

“Ms. Park…” Dongjin, one of your students, approached your desk.

You gave him a smile, “How can I help you?”

“Umm… I-I…” he stuttered. You noticed his fingers were twiddle with each other, he was nervous about something. “C-can you read over this?” he handed you a piece of paper that was written with English letters.

Taking the paper, you read it right away, you were too curious what this was all about, making a boy like Dongjin flush red so much that he looked like a tomato. “A love letter?” you smiled.

The student nodded his head, “It-it’s for Ellie…”

 

No wonder why he wrote it in English. Ellie was one of your students who recently moved from Australia. You are currently in the midst of teaching her Korean since she only knows a little from her mother.

 

“How is it?” he asked. “Is my English right?”

You bent down a bit to meet him at eye-level. Placing a hand on his shoulder, you gave him a nod. “Your English is perfect, I’m sure she’ll love the letter that you wrote her.”

 

His face brightened with a smile. Giving him back his little letter, he scattered back to his desk, starting to work on the assignment that you assigned. Young love is so cute. Saying that she’ll love it was a bit over exaggerating but it was the truth. Ellie liked him too, she told you that after you caught her staring at him while you were giving her lessons.

 

RING!

 

“Remember to read chapter five to six for tomorrow in your textbooks!” you said as they all packed their bags, ready to just leave the school and go home.

“Yes!” all of your students chimed in unison as they all left.

 

You started to gather all of your paperwork from your desk, organizing them and putting them in your folder neatly. You heard someone knock on the door, it was Taeyeon. She’s a 20-year-old woman now, almost a whole different Taeyeon that you used to give music lessons to.

 

“Come in,” you said as you took a seat on your chair. “How can I help our new teacher-in-training?” you giggled, teasing her a bit since she didn’t like being called that.

She let out a sigh and just let it slid. “Unnie, are you doing anything later?” she grinned.

You shook your head, “Well, I didn’t make plans so I’m free. Why? Do you want me to teach you math this time?”

Taeyeon frowned, “Very funny,” she said. You knew her almost all of your life, you practically knew all of her weaknesses, one of them being math. “Anyways, want to have a picnic at the park later? We haven’t done that in a while,” she smiled.

“A picnic sounds wonderful but it’s a Friday night, don’t you have plans with your boyfriend?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter