Chapter Fifty

The Dark Knight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~ Hurt ~

 

It's been almost two months now since you’ve started going back to school. Life was practically the same but this time there was no one pushing you to be the top, though you’re still the one who has the highest grades in school. The fact that you’re going to school with Jungkook and Chanmi who are now one the closest people to you made it your best school year ever.

 

“What happened to Ji Hyun? She’s not talking anymore.”

“She’s in her own world right now.” He waved a hand in front of your face, seeing how you weren’t responding, he confirmed it with a nod. “Yup, totally lost in space.”

“What is she thinking about?”

He let out a little laugh, “How do you think I’m supposed to know that?”

The older girl leaned forward and tapped the table lightly, the sound somehow caught your attention. You blinked rapidly as you came back into reality, Chanmi’s curious face came into sight. “S-sorry… I was kind of-”

“In the clouds?” Jungkook giggled, finishing your sentence with a smile.

“What were you thinking about?” Chanmi asked.

“My… new life.”

She tilted her head to the side, “New life?”

You giggled, remembering how much ups and downs you’ve been in. It’s like you’ve been living on a long rollercoaster ride. “It’s a long story.”

“Time?” Chanmi suddenly blurted.

Jungkook looked at the clock that hung on the wall in front of him. “Five minutes till the bell rings.”

“Oh ,” you cursed under your breath as you quickly cleaned up your area on the lunch table. “Jungkook oppa, go first and take unnie to her class, I’ll catch up with you guys, okay?”

Jungkook watched you as you quickly cleaned the table. “Are you sure? We can wait for you if you want,” he asked, helping Chanmi out.

You nodded your head, “Don’t worry, I don’t want you guys to be late for class.”

Chanmi’s eyes widened a bit after your reply, “But what about you?”

“I’ll catch up.”

 

Jungkook nodded his head and left with Chanmi, their arms linked together. You watched them for a moment as they left the lunch room then continued to clean up the table. Walking over the garbage can, you looked to your left where a 40-year-old woman stood with a smile on her face, bowing and thanking her for preparing a good meal.

 

Few Hours Later

 

“Chanmi unnie, do you want us to accompany you on your way home?” you asked with a bright smile, leaning against the locker that was beside hers.

She shook her head, “Taehyung oppa said that he’ll be picking me up but thanks for your offer,” she said, “Maybe next time we can walk together.”

“Well, I guess we’ll be on our way then. See you again tomorrow unnie!”

 

Chanmi waved back as she heard yours and Jungkook’s footsteps slowly fade out from her earshot. She grabbed the books that she needed from her locker and stuffed them in her bag quickly. Please don’t show up, she begged in her thoughts then locked her locker.

She beg

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter