Chapter Twenty-Six

The Dark Knight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~ Special Visit ~

 

Leaning on the counter beside Minseo, you watched her as she began making a smoothie that seemed all too familiar with you. Jungkook on the other side, helped out her mother with the ingredients like a dog obeying his master’s command. It was oddly cute to see him act like that other than his somewhat dark, mysterious outside personality.

 

“When I was still young, just about your age, I also wasn’t that in good terms with my parents.” She began and both you and Jungkook listened. “They were very strict parents and I would sometimes end up running away.”

 

Just like me.

 

Seeing how Minseo’s lips slowly curved into a smile, you knew a good part of the story was about to come. “There was one time where my parents were in the middle of scolding me in public when suddenly a little boy interfered.”

Jungkook’s eyes suddenly lit up and his lips mirrored the same smile his mother had. “Was it dad?” he questioned but he knew he already knew the answer.

Minseo nodded her head as she squeezed a bottle of chocolate syrup into the blender with ice, cold milk and cream. “He was like my best friend, even though my parents highly disapproved of him, I was still able to find a way to hang out with him.”

“That’s so sweet,” you commented.

“Jungkook’s father was sweetest guy’s I’ve ever knew in my life,” she giggled, “He was always there for me. Ji Hyun, seeing you with my little Jungkookie reminded me so much of my days when his father was still here.” She smiled.

“It’s interesting how this story suddenly involved me. And how did you manage to turn this into one of those chick flicks that you watch on TV?” Jungkook pointed out.

“Come on Jungkook, you don’t hear stories as cute and sweet like these happening in real life these days,” you countered and he only rolled his eyes at you.

 

Before anyone could say another word, Minseo the loud blender without any warning. You saw her eyes gleam with happiness but almost missed it when she closed her eyes for a long blink. She looked like as if she was recalling her past with her husband.

Turning off the blender, she poured the milkshake into three empty glasses that sat beside you. They all looked very delicious. In corner of your eye, you noticed Jungkook rummaging into the fridge and grabbed a can of whipped cream.

While Minseo took the blender into the sink, Jungkook walked towards you with a smile. Pressing the nozzle on the can, white cream came out onto the milkshakes making it look even more delicious than before.

 

Noticing Jungkook had more whipped cream on his milkshake, you grinned. “Excuse me, Jungkook,” hearing you call his name, he turned around confused. “I think I need more whipped cream on mine,” you said, pointing at your drink.

“Hmm…” he hummed, “…

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter