Chapter Nineteen

The Dark Knight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~ Best Friend ~

 

“Mom I’m home!” Jungkook basically screamed the moment he entered his household. “And I have brought a friend with me,” he smiled, making his way to the kitchen where he saw his mother standing.

His mother turned around and quickly rushed towards him, giving him a tight hug welcoming him back. “You’re surprisingly back early today,” she smiled at him. She looked behind Jungkook where you silently stood, hands behind you back. “Who is this?”

Jungkook stepped back, placing his hand on your shoulder, “This is my new friend Ji Hyun!” he said in a proud tone, his smiling brightly, his eyes squinted.

“H-hello…” you said shyly, bowing your head at her. You looked at her and were amazed by her beauty, you could barely even tell that she’s a mother, she look like a woman whose still in her twenties.

Jungkook’s mother giggled at your little gesture, “Well, good thing I made enough milkshakes for everyone.”

 

The mother walked towards the counter while Jungkook tailed her from behind and you did the same with Jungkook. She reached to open the cupboard, grabbing two glasses, then poured the chocolate milkshake from the bender into the glasses. You could see Jungkook’s eyes lit up like a Christmas tree, so eager to get a taste of her mother’s milkshake that he always loved.

 

“Thank you!” both you and Jungkook said in sync as his mother gave you the cold beverage.

 

Taking a sip, the sweetness of the drink made your eyes widened. Never have you tasted anything so delicious in your life before.

 

You heard Jungkook’s mother suddenly laughing, “Ji Hyun-ah, slow down or you’ll get a-”

“Ow!” you whimpered, clenching your hand and held it against the side of your head where a stuck of freezing pain hit you.

“A brain freeze.” Jungkook said with a smile, finishing his mother’s sentence as he looked at you.

When your brain stopped freezing, you looked up and noticed Jungkook’s mother starting at you, her eyebrows raised as if she found something a bit suspicious about you. You slightly backed away, starting to get a bit scared. “W-what is it?”

“You look a little familiar,” she began, “Have we met before?” she questioned, leaning her face closer to yours to get a better look. Seconds later, she snapped her fingers together, making you jump a bit from the sudden gesture, “I got it! You’re that little girl Jungkook was with yesterday, right?”

Remembering how you first encountered her yesterday from afar, you nodded your head. “Y-yes,” you stuttered, somehow feeling a little tense being around her.

You looked to your side, seeing Jungkook tug on his mother’s pastel pink blouse, “Mom, where’s Kogi?” Jungkook asked.

“He’s outside,” she said, pointing out the back door, “You two should go play with him,” she smiled brightly.

As you finished the last sip of your drink, you placed it on the table beside you, “Kogi?” you asked curiously, not having a single idea who they’re talking about.

You saw Jungkook smile widely, his hand rea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter