Negligence

Indestructible
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sooyoung groaned when she felt a heavy obstacle lying atop of her chest. Gosh, did she have to wake up like this every single morning? It was bad enough this happened when they lived together in the dorm but almost eight to nine years after debut and this was still happening. “Yah… Kim Taeyeon…” Sooyoung groaned, holding the leg on her chest with closed eyes. “What?” Taeyeon softly moaned out, nuzzling her nose deeper into Sooyoung’s arm.

 

Even though Sooyoung hated it when she woke up being so trapped by Taeyeon, she couldn’t deny that she wouldn’t have it any other way. Taeyeon used to be so alone and so cold a few years ago but now that she finally accepted Sooyoung’s confession, she’s been returning to her old self, which is a win-win for everyone, honestly.

 

Flashback.

Yuri was walking around the house with a Totoro plushie in hand, looking for her favourite pink panther. “Yul?” Hyoyeon rubbed her eyes, sitting up from the floor, “looking for someone?” Yuri was flabbergasted at how Hyoyeon ended up the floor and she walked closer, sitting down beside the blonde.

“Hyo,” Yuri poked Hyoyeon’s arm irritatingly, enjoying the bounce of Hyoyeon’s arm, “what are you doing on the floor?”

Hyoyeon cocked an eyebrow, her eyes following Yuri's anooying actions early in the morning, “Yuri, stop that before I hit you.” Yuri pouted and stood up, taking her plushie with her. She huffed, giving Hyoyeon's leg a good kick before running into the kitchen, bumping into Sooyoung who was holding her precious breakfast in hand.

“Yuri, stop that before I hit you.” 

“Gosh, Yul. Stop running around without your eyes.” Sooyoung scolded, carefully holding her cereal bowl as she headed to the dining table. Yuri ran back to the table and sat in front of Sooyoung, staring into her soul. “What is it?” Sooyoung said, not looking at the hyperactive girl in front of her. “Wow… don’t get your in a bunch now, Soo.” Yuri held up both hands in surrender and stopped fooling around, “what’s bothering you?”

When Sooyoung didn't bother to respond to Yuri, Yuri immediately knew who is was. “It’s Taengoo again, isn’t it?” Sooyoung nodded extremely slowly, obviously not in the mood to eat or do anything at the very mention of the love of her life. Yuri bit her lip and sat on the chair, hoping that there was finally a happy-ending on the way. 

“Rejected again?”

Another silent nod. 

No one knew why Taeyeon kept rejecting Sooyoung over and over again. Even if Sooyoung was at loggerheads with Taeyeon, she cared for her deeply. Everyone knew how Sooyoung felt for Taeyeon, it was practically as clear as day but even Tiffany didn't know why Taeyeon was doing this. 

 

 

“Your feet are always on my face. Why is that, Taengoo?” Sooyoung muttered, pushing Taeyeon’s feet away. She propped her head up on her elbow, watching Taeyeon sleep. “Because I love you.” Taeyeon murmured. Sooyoung flushed deeply when she heard those three words; Taeyeon always knew how to render her speechless.

Taeyeon’s eyelids slowly fluttered open, adjusting to the sunlight entering the room. She lifted one hand to Sooyoung’s face, “good morning, Soo.” Sooyoung leaned into Taeyeon’s touch and smiled, “good morning. How did you sleep?” Taeyeon didn’t respond but gave a small grin in response.

A deep sigh left Sooyoung’s lips, “I snored again, didn’t I?” Taeyeon knew Sooyoung was rather insecure about her sleeping habits right after all nine of them discussed about it. Taeyeon rubbed her eyes and leaned upwards, “don’t worry about it, baby. It really wasn’t that bad.” Sooyoung pouted a little, “are you sure? Did I disturb your sleep?”

The kid leader shook her head and got off the bed, stretching her limbs. She walked over to Sooyoung’s side of the bed and bent down, cupping Sooyoung’s face, “Stop being paranoid, Sooyoung-ah. I said it wasn’t that bad so don’t keep worrying about it, understand?” Before Sooyoung could respond, she was silenced with a chaste kiss on the lips.

No wonder Sooyoung loved Taeyeon so much.

 

Sooyoung was sitting on the sofa, the back of the pen sandwiched between her lips. She had been so busy writing the lyrics for their upcoming digital single ‘Sailing 0805’ for their 9th anniversary that she hadn’t been paying much attention to Taeyeon. She didn’t even remember TaeTiSeo scheduled for KCon LA and now that she just remembered, her girlfriend was already packing. 

Taeyeon was humming a tune to herself as she folded a few pairs of shorts for herself, completely excited to spend time with her sub-unit members. She felt albeit upset, no denying that, when Sooyoung didn't even remember that they had a date to go on but she knew Sooyoung put in her heart and soul for their upcoming single so she couldn't be angry.

Afterall, Sooyoung treasured them more than family.

Even though Jessica was no longer a part of them in the public's eye or officially, she herself had also gone through the original draft of the song lyrics and she gave her blessings. 

“Taeyeon-ah, you’re still at home?” Yuri asked, popping her head through the slightly ajar door, “I thought you were supposed to be on the plane.” Taeyeon’s eyes narrowed at the tanned girl who had her legs kicking back and forth like a kid, “My flight is tomorrow, Yuri. Are you dying to get rid of me or something?”

Yuri furrowed her eyebrows and checked her imaginary watch, rubbing the back of her neck shyly. “Sorry… I lost track of the dates. I might be dying to get rid of you bu- OWW!!”

A triumphant smile appeared on Taeyeon’s face when Yuri cowered, rubbing her head with a scrunched up expression. Though she knew Yoona would have her head for smacking her girlfriend, Taeyeon relished the times where she got to bully Yuri this freely. Yuri pouted and smacked Taeyeon’s in return, sitting back down on the beanbag.

“Where’s your giant?” Yuri asked.

Taeyeon hesitated a little before answering, “she’s in the livin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter