Crossed The Line [9]

Indestructible
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“UMMMAAAAAA!!” Minguk screamed, running towards his mother who was sitting on the bleachers. Yoona stood and hugged her son tightly, “how was training, sweetheart?” Minguk smiled and gave his mother a big smooch on the cheek, “It was awesome! Where’s Mommy?”

Yoona sighed at the mention of her wife. Yuri was so predictable, which made it even easier when Minguk asked, “Where do you think your silly Mommy is?” Minguk rubbed his chin and thought for a while before answering in a bored tone, “with Sarang at the nursery?” Yoona smiled and ruffled Minguk’s hair, “Bingo.”

Minguk held Yoona’s hand as the two headed to the car, he had just finished his baseball practice in his final year of elementary school. “Where’s Daehan and Manse, Umma?” Yoona bit her lip to hold in her laughter, “Where do you think they are now?” Minguk’s eyes widened and he thought, no way. “A…. At the nursery with Sarang….?”

“Bingo.”

The eleven year old didn’t need to be a genius to know that his Mommy had picked his brothers before all three headed to the nursery. Sarang’s the only girl in the family so it was natural for her to be treated and loved like a princess, especially from her brothers. Sarang seemed to be the most attached to Daehan for now, since Daehan was the youngest boy in the family and they could agree on more things. Seeing the way Sarang was being showered with lots of love and care, Yoona could only pray that she didn’t grow up to be a spoilt brat.

Yoona got into the driver seat while Minguk sat beside her, she was about to start the engine when she received a message from Yuri.

 

To: Baby

Are we still meeting for dinner, Yoong? Sarang’s almost done with her lessons and I think the boys are starting to get hungry too. How was Minguk’s baseball practice today?

From: Babe

 

“Are you hungry, Mingukie?” Yoona asked, starting the engine. “A bit.” Minguk rubbed his tummy and pouted at his mother. “Reply your Mommy for me while I drive, okay?” Yoona handed her phone over to Minguk and set off on the road.

 

To: Babe

Mommy, this is Minguk. I am hungry and so is Umma, I can hear Umma's tummy making weird noises. Baseball was fine but I am still waiting for Mommy to play with me.

From: Baby

 

Minguk revealed a cheeky smile when he re-read his reply, Yoona wasn’t the one who was hungry; it was him. “Umma, can I play games on your phone?” Yoona nodded, her eyes still concentrated on the road in front of her. She couldn’t control the butterflies in her stomach as she thought of seeing Yuri together with their other three children.

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

Daehan and Manse were sitting on Yuri’s lap, the three of them watching Sarang proudly as she carried her finished artwork to the teacher. “Mommy, Sarang’s drawing is nicer than mine…” Manse pouted, turning around to bury his face into Yuri’s neck. Yuri rolled her eyes playfully at her son’s statement, “that’s because you’re obsessed with cars and cars alone, Manse. Sarang is still exploring everything and she seems to be more interested in art.” Daehan just stayed silent, smiling at his elder brother’s statement.

Yuri rubbed Daehan’s head affectionately; she could remember when Yoona and her brought Daehan to the doctor because he was so quiet and silent compared to his brothers. Thankfully, the doctor just said Daehan was more mature and preferred to observe his surroundings before saying anything. “Daehannie, are you hungry?” Daehan turned to his Mommy, “Mmm… Daehannie is hungry. Mommy, are you hungry?” He stood on Yuri’s legs and cupped her cheeks.

Yuri couldn’t resist letting out a chuckle, Daehan always tried to take care of everyone before himself though he was only at the tender age of six. Unlike Manse who was attached to her wife, Daehan was clearly more attached towards Yuri. Whenever he wanted something, he would simply look for Yuri before anyone else, though his brothers could help him in every way, Yuri would be his first option. “Yes, a little. Manse, can you wait for Sarang here? Mommy will go and start the car first.” Manse nodded and kissed Yuri’s cheek before obediently waiting for his dongsaeng.

Daehan felt his little sling bag vibrate and he quickly took it off, “Mommy! My bag is moving!” Yuri turned to her son and giggled when she saw how frightened Daehan was, “that’s just Mommy’s phone, Daehan-ah.” Yuri took Daehan’s bag and smiled when she saw the reply from Minguk, he was the most mischievious out of the three boys. “Sarang’s here!” Daehan cheered in his seat as he saw Sarang and Manse approaching the car.

Unfortunately or fortunately, Yuri still used her two-seater BMW and to Yoona’s surprise, the kids preferred to squeeze together in the BMW rather than have an abundance of space in her Volkswagen. “Mommy!” Sarang yelled and climbed over from Daehan’s seat to the driver’s seat. Daehan huffed when Manse sat with him, the two boys looking like sulky brats. 

And in Yuri's mind, all she could think of was how blessed she and Yoona were to have children that were so full of love. 

 

 

-

 

 

Yoona and Minguk reached the café near their house first and the two chose to sit in the large booth near the corner. Both Daehan and Manse disliked excessive attention from strangers and she wanted them to be comfortable. She tapped her fingers on the table while Minguk looked through the menu, his eyes lighting up at the sight of so many delicious desserts; he was exactly like her in their love for food.

“Umma, Daehan likes this…” Minguk pointed to a bowl of bingsoo filled with fruits. Yoona nodded and turned to the next page, “both your Mommy and S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter