Depressed [2]

Indestructible
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Umma Kwon was in the kitchen with Taeyeon as the two threw aprons over themselves while Appa Kwon and Yuri made themselves scarce the moment the word ‘cooking’ was mentioned. Yoona was a smart girl and until now, chose to stay in her room before she got dragged to the kitchen as well.

“So… tell me about yourself, Taeyeon. We shall have some girl talk without those two idiots.”

“Well.... Uh, I have an elder brother who's going to the US tomorrow. My younger sister, Hayeon is moving to stay with my grandmother so I'll be alone when I go home.”

“Where are your parents?”

Taeyeon tried to maintain her posture, biting her lips to keep the bitterness from slipping out by accident, “they're dead. They passed away in a car accident, Auntie.”

Umma Kwon cleared apologetically. She was an analyst and reading people was her forte. Taeyeon’s behaviour and tone told her many things. She sighed, “I'm so sorry to hear that, Taeyeon.” Taeyeon looked at Umma Kwon with a teary smile, her tears desperately trying to be kept in. “It's really okay. They're in a better place now.”

The elder woman opened her arms and invited Taeyeon for a warm embrace, which the younger girl immediately jumped at. She missed her parents so much and Umma Kwon was providing the motherly love she needed.

“Thank you, Auntie...” Taeyeon sobbed into Umma Kwon's shoulder and wrapped her arms around her waist, both women savouring the tight connection between them. 

“Shh..... Stay over for the night. We'll have fun.”

Taeyeon nodded like a little child in Umma Kwon's arms and snuggled her face into her shoulder, praying that she wouldn't feel lonely or hurt herself. 

Just for one night. 

 

Yuri crossed her arms and looked at her father curiously, “Appa, explain to me what you and Umma were doing in the study room. The two of you never liked going there because you always complain that it's too messy.”

“Your Umma decided to do a bit of investigation work. You suddenly called and said you would be bringing a girl back for dinner and you've never once mentioned anything about anyone. She thought you were dating so we ended up trying to find stuff in the study room.”

Appa Kwon was sipping his champagne as he answered his daughter. Yuri chuckled; she hardly ever took interest to people who she didn't know personally. “Actually, today was the first time I talked to her.” Yuri was unaware of her cheeks turning pink as she admitted it. She never had the guts or a chance to actually go up to Taeyeon. 

“It's okay. I'm glad you managed to talk to her today and now, she's going to have dinner with us in an hour.” Appa Kwon smiled proudly. 

Yuri was always outspoken and she was definitely an extrovert when it came to making friends and basically, just having fun and being adventurous. However, when it came to feelings, she would shy away and hide her feelings to herself. 

“Thanks, Appa. For everything.” Yuri looked at her father with a genuine smile. 

Mr Kwon used to be a businessman and he was a workaholic, spending day and night on his files. He was providing for the family and Mrs Kwon was a housewife then. When Yuri was born, Mrs Kwon decided that she should share the workload. Yuri needed a father and a mother, not just a mother alone. However, problems arose in the company and Mr Kwon had no choice but to spend most of his time there.

For a period of time, Yuri thought she was an unwanted child because unlike many other children, she hardly ever saw her father. When he was back from work, he never said a word to Yuri. The very next year, Yoona was born into the Kwon Family. Mrs Kwon became an analyst that helped out with troublesome customers as well as her husband's secretary, both working hand in hand. 

“No. Thank you for being my daughter, Yuri. I'm so proud to have you.” Appa Kwon was tearing as he said those words, thoroughly regretful that he wasn't able to see much of her growth. 

Yoona was walking to the dining table when she overheard Yuri talking to their Appa. She knew what her elder sister went through, how unloved she felt when she was younger.

Being the only one else in the family that Yuri could talk to, the two sisters shared everything together. When one was having a bad time, the other would too. If Yoona was upset, Yuri would feel even more so. Being the elder sister, the responsibility of taking care of Yoona and making her happy fell onto Yuri's shoulders. 

Yoona walked to the balcony and hugged her sister from the back, snuggling her face to Yuri's neck, “Appa. Unnie.” Appa Kwon could only let out a million-dollar smile, seeing how close the two sisters were.

“Yoong. How's your revision coming along?” Yuri asked, patting Yoona's head gently. “It's going fine, I guess. I don't know, I might not do as well as I always do in exams. I'm scared, Unnie.” Yoona whispered, her voice was softer than usual and Yuri noticed. “Have more faith in yourself, Princess. I know that you'll do well like you always do. You've never failed to disappoint me, remember?”

Yoona nodded with a weak smile, hugging Yuri even tighter. Her older sister was always there for her despite the circumstances and she was grateful. “If there's anyone I'm most proud of in this family, it's you. Don't ever forget that, okay? Anyway, grades don't define everything about you.” Yuri spoke with a playful tone and earned a smack on the head. 

“YAH!”

“Don't teach Yoona everything, Yuri-ah. You excel in sports and other areas while the baby of the family is excelling in academics. It's a beautiful balance. Don't tilt it.”

Yuri rolled her eyes and took her canned drink from the table, handing it to Yoona who was busy making herself comfortable on Yuri's back. Yoona kissed Yuri’s cheek before asking, “Unnie, how's your baseball coming along?”

“It's great. We're going to win this year. We have to bring honour to our school and to give that head, Jimin a good beating after. He left our team and joined the rival team, that moron.”

Appa Kwon rolled his eyes as well, he never liked that boy.

Jimin was one of the best batters in the team but his ego got to his head, leading the Soshi Sharks to lose the game in the previous year. After that heartbreaking loss, Jimin hit them even lower when they were already down by leaving the team to join LG Twins, their rival. 

“We'll be there to watch, Yuri-unnie. I'll bring Taeyeon-unnie too, okay? She has to see how well you play the game of baseball. I bet that she'll swoon over your moves.” 

Yoona smacked Yuri's before running back down the stairs and into the living room, avoiding Yuri's comeback. The black pearl rolled her eyes at her sister's childishness and walked downstairs with Appa Kwon following behind.

 

 

“Taeyeon, could you crack a few eggs and beat them for me?”

Taeyeon nodded cutely and walked towards the fridge, her eyes opening wide at what the Kwon family had in their huge refridgerator. She jumped in surprise when she felt a pair of arms go around her waist but calmed herself after hearing that familiar husky, y voice.

“Hi, Taengoo.” 

“Hey, Yuri.”

Yuri pouted, Taeyeon's eyes were focused on something else rather than her and she didn't like it. Following the older girl's gaze, Yuri backed off and cleared awkwardly. Umma Kwon smiled, watching Taeyeon's eyes move around the shelves, “Oh, I see you're fascinated by something.”

“How do you have so much jelly and gummy sweets in the fridge?”

Taeyeon's eyes were literally twinkling at the different packets of gummy sweets and cups of jellies on each shelf. Yuri's eyes were watching Taeyeon very carefully, not wanting to miss a second of her child-like actions. 

“You'll have to ask this black kid about that. A truck came earlier and delivered almost a hundred packets of jellies and gummies. The order receipt stated her name so…”

 

Flashback.

“I'm Kim Taeyeon. I don't do sports and I hardly watch movies too. I like eating gummy sweets and jellies...” Taeyeon whispered shyly and looked down at her thighs, avoiding Yuri's amused gaze. 

Flashback End. 

 

Taeyeon turned towards Yuri, ready to fire some questions when she caught sight of Yuri muttering to herself. She could hear some comments about being so stupid and she couldn't help but let out a shy giggle. 

The shorter girl walked towards Yuri and tiptoed, giving Yuri a kiss on the cheek. Yuri felt her heart beat rise at the moment and her cheeks were feeling even hotter, she wasn't used to this feeling. 

“Thank you, Yuri.” Taeyeon whispered into Yuri's ear. 

Umma Kwon was overjoyed at the sight of Yuri and Taeyeon little moments, not noticing her husband watching her every movement with a loving gaze as well. “Honey, what are you cooking for dinner?” Appa Kwon hugged Umma Kwon from the back, giving the woman a fluttery feeling in the pit of her stomach. 

Even after being married for so many years, the feeling of butterflies in her stomach never failed to come when Kwon Hyukjun did something enduring for her. 

“Your favourite cream-sauced pasta. It just so happens that Taeyeon loves it as well so I can make it tonight.”

Umma Kwon aka Boa turned her head slightly, her lips meeting her husband's soft ones. 

Yuri rolled her eyes and quickly head

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter