Taking Responsibility [3]

Indestructible
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I'm sorry, Honey... You're pregnant.”

Jessica expected that answer but why did her heart still feel so heavy? She could already tell how disappointed Soojin was by her insensible actions. Yuri was already starting to maintain a distance between them and it upset her but did she even have a right to get upset? Yuri had put up with far more than he needed so technically, he was the one who should be upset. 

“Sica?”

“Y-Yes... Thank you, Unnie.”

Her phone slid from her hand and onto the ground. She suddenly felt like her soul just got out of her. Seventeen years old, what could she possibly do to enable a stable life for her and her baby? Knowing her own family, she would most likely get kicked out the moment they find out. 

What about Yuri? 

Was he going to stick by her side this time? 

Yuri had been friends with her since forever and not forgetting her ex-best friend, Taeyeon. Taeyeon was one of the best people she could ever meet but their friendship soured the moment Jessica tried to make Taeyeon smoke against her own will. Taeyeon was wonderfully upright, not wavering to any temptation whatsoever but her own best friend was trying to make her do something wrong. 

Jessica wasn't a fool, she knew she was the one at fault for causing Taeyeon to maintain a distance as well but there was no way in hell she was going to allow that with Yuri. Yuri was more than just a friend; she didn't know what he was to her. All she knew was that she didn't like the sight of girls hanging around Yuri because he was way too nice to get rid of them and in the process would give off the wrong idea. Her thoughts were starting to run wild when a couple of vibrations came from her phone.

 

bun in the oven hyo: soooooo... how did it go sun: lmao pls give good news .......  idk how to put it across tae: if you're pregnant         just say it

 

“SOOYEON!”

Jessica's eyes widened, what could her father possibly want from her this early in the morning? Mr Jung was never awake at this time of the morning and it only scared her further to think that there might be some suspicion about her. “SOOYEON-AH!” The shouting was getting more and more intense, she had no choice but to go downstairs and see what was awaiting her. 

The first person she saw was her best friend, Yuri. Not only was Yuri there, their entire gang of friends were there - including Taeyeon. Soojin was holding an envelope in her hands. She didn't need to be a genius to know that her parents had already found out about it. Her heart stung when she realized her father might force her into abortion and her mother was just going to stand there and watch as everything unraveled. Mr Jung stood up and moved in front of his daughter, his eyes were furious. 

Jessica shut her eyes and flinched, waiting for her father's hand to strike her. “I'm sorry, Mr Jung. I can't let you do that.” Opening her eyes, she saw Yuri standing in front of her, holding Mr Jung's hand. “Yuri, move.” Mr Jung was starting to lose his patience, “How can you expect me to be calm when my eighteen-year-old daughter is pregnant?!” Yuri felt guilty towards Mr Jung for allowing Jessica to do such a thing but he couldn't stop her either and he suddenly felt like the middle person.

Mrs Jung suddenly felt a pang in her chest, she felt horrible for being so hard on Jessica in the past. Whenever Jessica did well in her studies, she never acknowledged it and merely told her to do better. When Jessica fell down or hurt herself, Mrs Jung would tell her to toughen up and stop crying. When Jessica got bullied in the past, neither of them believed her or even bothered to call the school and talk to them. 

If it weren’t for Taeyeon who made her wake up to reality, she would have probably kicked her daughter out by now.

 

Flashback. 

The doorbell was ringing non-stop at 7.30am, way too early for anyone to wake up. Mrs Jung was already pissed off at whoever was ringing the darned doorbell, ready to snap their head out. She was taken aback when she saw Yuri and friends there with sheepish smiles; she always had a soft spot for her daughter's best friend since Yuri never failed to take care of Jessica. She knew the Choi Siblings and Taeyeon, of course. Jessica had never stopped ranting about Taeyeon. 

Mrs Jung walked back into the living room, holding a tray of drinks, “What are you kids doing here so early in the morning?” Yuri's eyes met Soojin's and Sunny's, both agreeing to spill the beans so Jessica wouldn't face the music alone. “We have something to tell you on Sica's behalf... but I really need you to hold yourself together.” Mrs Jung could already feel her heart pounding, a feeling she had never felt whenever Jessica told her something negative. 

“What's wrong with Sooyeon? Did something happen to her?”

Taeyeon couldn't resist letting out a smirk at Mrs Jung's words, wasn't it a bit too late to start getting concerned over her daughter? Jessica had always complained of her parents not showing her sufficient attention and love, looks like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter