Depressed [1]

Indestructible
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Ew, she harms herself.”

 

“Look at her wrists. It's disgusting.”

“Oh my goodness. Loner alert.”

Taeyeon was a normal school girl at Chung-Ang University - as normal as majority of the students there. She couldn't understand why it was so hard to get along with some of them. Not that she never tried. In fact, she's been trying so hard that she lost her sole purpose in trying to make friends with them. 

A hand laid upon her shoulder, “Taeyeon, are you okay?” It was Sunny, her best friend. “I'm fine, Sunkyu-ah. Don't worry.” Taeyeon assured her best friend, holding the younger girl's hand tightly. Sunny looked at Taeyeon's wrists and felt her eyes tear up. 

The cuts were very fresh and stains of blood were left around them, sign that they were not cleaned up properly. 

It was heart breaking to see someone hurting themselves. It was a way to get rid of the emotional and mental pain going on in their hearts. Resorting to self-harm was typical for some while others; sort help in worst ways like abusing alcohol and banned substances. 

“Oh, look who's here. It's the depressed mess and her pathetic excuse of her best friend.”

Taeyeon clenched her fists tightly and grabbed Sunny who was about to get her hands on; her best friend didn’t need to get in trouble with this lowlife. Sunny’s nails dug into Taeyeon’s flesh, trying to get rid of the immense anger brewing in her chest; honestly, she would be strangling the girl if it wasn’t for Taeyeon’s unbelievably strong grip.

The girl smirked and grabbed Taeyeon's clenched fist. “Speak up. You want to hit me, don't you?” She pointed at her cheek and beckoned the shorter girl to hit her right there. 

Sunny was speechless beyond words at the girl's attitude. It was Suzy Bae, notorious for picking on people younger or weaker than her. Her group of friends consisted of Clara, Uee, Sohee and Hyuna. They were all snickering at the back, knowing that Taeyeon wouldn't retaliate. 

“She might not, but I really want to.”

All of them turned to see who it was that walked out from the toilet. It was the most handsome, charming and obnoxious Kwon Yuri the whole school was crazy over. However, Yuri was known for being a delinquent and she often disrespected teachers. The only people who knew her hidden side were of course, her friends. 

“K-Kwon Yu-Yuri.” Clara stuttered and felt her limbs go numb; she had been having this huge crush on Yuri since God knows when. It was a shame they had to meet under such circumstances. 

Yuri washed her hands and adjusted her hair before turning to them, crossing her arms with a disgusted look. “That's me, don’t wear my name out. So what are you doing, Suzy?”

Yuri despised people who looked down on others and bullied them because they were weaker in various ways. In her eyes, everyone was equal and no one deserves to be treated like they're inferior. 

“This thing wa---”

Yuri held her hand up, ignoring the shocked look on Suzy’s face. She carried on, “Hold on. When you say thing, are you referring to the broom or mop or perhaps… yourself?” Yuri teased and pointed to the cleaning items behind Sunny and Taeyeon. 

Sunny bit her lips to keep herself from laughing aloud at Yuri's smart words. She knew the right words to make Suzy storm off and give up on bullying them. 

“She wanted to hit me.” Suzy said and huffed in anger, looking back at Taeyeon's clenched fist in her hand. She gave the shorter girl a glare before turning back to the amused Yuri standing with her back leaning against the wall. 

“And for good reason. I heard every single thing you said to Taeyeon-ssi and Sunny-ssi.” Yuri walked forward and lifted Suzy's hand that was still holding onto Taeyeon's fist, forcing it off Taeyeon's hand.

“Let me tell you something in return. That depressed mess you were talking about, will always be much better than you on so many levels. You know why?”

Silence was louder than any other word in the bathroom right now as everyone listened carefully. 

“She doesn't look down on others; badmouth anyone behind their back; bully them or pick on them. Her pathetic excuse of a best friend will always be the one who's supporting her no matter what. Unless you can name me other examples of another best friend like that in this God-forsaken school, you will apologize to both of them.” Yuri challenged and looked at the group of embarrassed girls.

Suzy looked at her friends for help but all to no avail, they had their heads down and focused on their fingers instead. It was indeed really tough to find a best friend who would stick by each other to make sure they would always get back up on their feet. 

“Anything? If not, please come and apologize.” Yuri made way and urged Suzy to apologize, she did wrong and had to face up to the consequences. “I'm sorry, Taeyeon. I'm sorry, Sunny.” Suzy murmured and felt a light pat on her back, she was utterly shocked at who had patted her back. 

It was Taeyeon. 

“Suzy. I hope you know what I'm trying to say. Making you feel embarrassed isn't my intention but sometimes, ridiculing someone like that will get you hurt. Don't do that again. If I see or hear it, I will embarrass you for that person.” Yuri warned and patted her head.

Taeyeon and Sunny just looked at the tanned girl with an amazed gaze. Being in this school for almost 3 years, no one had ever stood up for them like Yuri had done so. To make it even more amazing, Yuri was supposed to be some sort of delinquent but she was proving everyone wrong with her actions. Maybe, she was just being judged wrongly like how so many others are.

Soon enough, Yuri found herself being left behind together with Taeyeon and Sunny. She noticed the two of them staring at her with a scared yet surprised expression and she couldn't help but let out a chuckle. 

This reaction was so typical. 

“T-Thank you, Yuri-ssi…” Taeyeon stuttered and could feel herself blush at Yuri's charismatic gaze. “Don't mention it. Can I talk to you later, Taeyeon-ssi? I mean, just you and me, alone.” Yuri asked in a polite tone.

Truth be told, Yuri had been taking note of Taeyeon since the girl had transferred to her class. She spotted the scars on her arms when Taeyeon was asked to get changed for gym.

A few weeks down the road, the tanned girl had finally realized why Taeyeon never wore shorts like everyone else did during gym. Taeyeon's thighs were full of deep scars and it was a really bad sight. Yuri had gone so far as to make sure that whenever Taeyeon was about to start harming herself, there would be some sort of distraction or some people around. But

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter