Not Alone

Indestructible
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon looked around the kitchen cautiously, hoping none of the members were up and about. She could see her favourite person standing in front of the refrigerator, bending down to grab some vegetables from the crisper. She never failed to get nervous whenever she was in the same place as her. When that person stood up straight and headed to the stove, she took the chance. 

“Hey....”

“Hey, cutie. Why are you up so early?”

Taeyeon rolled her eyes at the endearment, wondering if she got cheesier every day. Even so, her arms around that fit waist tightened as her head snuggled into the warm shoulders she loved.

“For your information, Kwon Yuri, I am always up early.” 

Yuri chuckled, shaking her head at Taeyeon's retort. She was usually out jogging at this time but since some members had taken the chance to go home and visit their families, why not use it to her advantage? Taeyeon always woke up before 9 and she knew it so making breakfast would be a delightful surprise. 

“What about you, aren't you supposed to be jogging? " Taeyeon asked, finally releasing her arms from Yuri's waist. “Uh... I… I wanted to make breakfast for you since you were always the one who was cooking for us.” Yuri said bashfully, trying to ignore the heat rising in her cheeks.

Taeyeon couldn't help but let her lips curl into a small smile, Yuri was never this shy. In fact, she was more often than not the protector of the group, everyone felt safe whenever Yuri was around because they knew she had no qualms about protecting them.

“That's really sweet.” Taeyeon complimented and tip-toed, placing a quick peck on Yuri's cheek.

Yuri just rubbed the back of her neck before proceeding to slice the rice cakes. Taeyeon loved Korean food and stuck to it unlike the other members who would get addicted to new food once they've tried it. It made her job a lot easier since their refrigerator was always stocked with Korean food. 

“Where's Sica, by the way?”

“Oh, she went back home to prepare her new designs for Blanc and Eclare. Soojung came to fetch her last night.” Yuri said, smiling at the memory of Jessica threatening them never to change the lock without telling ever again.

The kid leader nodded and looked around the kitchen before her gaze was fixed on Yuri's back. She loved Yuri's broad shoulders so much and she could only thank the Lord that the black pearl had been picked for Cool Kiz - the swimming had allowed Yuri to fulfil part of her swimming dream. 

The memory of Yuri arriving home from her first recording of Cool Kiz was still deeply etched in her mind. 

 

Flashback. 

Taeyeon and Sunny were watching the variety show together, munching on popcorn and chips. Yoona had gone shopping with her favourite pig aka Tiffany, the two would rather shop till they drop rather than stay at home and become a sack of potatoes. Hyoyeon was out recording for her new DJ reality show while Sooyoung was in her room taking a nap.

“Taengoo, what do you think Yuri's thinking of?” Sunny said, taking Taeyeon's attention off the TV immediately. “Hmm? What do you mean by what is she thinking of? Is Yul in trouble?” Taeyeon's tone turned worried, her eyes staring straight into Sunny's soul for answers. 

Sunny threw her head back laughing, Taeyeon's rapid reaction was too hilarious to get over. She couldn't imagine what would happen when Yuri got home from recording. Gosh, she really had a knack for pranking these two dummies nowadays. 

“YAH! LEE SUNKYU!” Taeyeon exclaimed and pounced onto Sunny, tickling the younger girl as the two tumbled from the sofa to the floor. 

“St.. Stop!”

The two friends were so deeply engrossed in their tickle fight that they hadn't realised the front door open, revealing the person of the hour. Her jaw dropped, wondering if the two elders were busy making a video right in the middle of their poor home right there. 

“GET A ROOOOOOMMMM!!!!!”

Sunny hurriedly pushed Taeyeon off her, gasping as she caught her breath. She smirked when she saw Yuri standing at the door with a pout, covering her eyes. Taeyeon rubbed her head which had bumped into the small table when Sunny pushed her.

Sunny made a face and said haughtily, “Ew, Kwon Yul. Why the hell would I get a room with this midget? She's not even enough to fulfil my desires!” She stood, pinching Yuri's cheek as she headed towards the staircase.

Yuri's jaw was still dropped, unable to digest the blunt words that had just come out of Sunny's mouth. She was embarrassed at getting the wrong idea but the two really looked like they were busy eating each other a minute ago. Taeyeon stared at her dongsaeng with a lopsided smile, wondering when Yuri became this cute when she was clueless about something. 

Taeyeon sat back down on the couch, resting her head on her hand, “Yuri, are you going to stand at the door or are you going to come here?”

“I'm coming…” Yuri mumbled and took off her shoes before running to the living room, dropping her tired body onto the sofa at once. 

Swimming was her hobby and dream but it had been a while since she got to be in the water again, maybe that's why it was especially tiring after today's recording. 

“Tired?”

Yuri nodded, pouting her lips.

“Come here...” Taeyeon patted her lap and Yuri jumped at the chance, snuggling her face into Taeyeon's stomach. 

They rarely had times like this, it had been an extremely busy but fulfilling year for them and time was not on their side. When one was home, the other wasn't and vice versa. Yuri had missed Taeyeon; especially times when they were stuck to each other's hips.

“Mmm.. Today was fun.” Yuri groaned, adjusting her body.

“I knew you would enjoy it. After all, you and your swimming will never be separated.” Taeyeon giggled, running her fingers through Yuri's hair. 

It didn't matter how much food s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter