Taking Responsibility [8]

Indestructible
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica lay in bed, sighing in content as she enjoyed the foot massage she was currently receiving from her now-official boyfriend - oh God, it felt so good to call Yuri her official boyfriend. She clutched onto the pillow behind her head; if it wasn't for her stupid leg cramps, they wouldn't be awake at 3 in the morning. 

“Is that better?” Yuri asked, putting all his effort into rubbing Jessica’s calves, “or do they still hurt?”

“They’re much better, baby,” Jessica said, throwing a wistful smile at Yuri was kneeling at the end of the bed, “come here.”

Yuri stopped and bounced onto the bed, crawling excitedly to Jessica who was urging him forward with a curled finger. He carefully supported himself with his arms resting on either side of Jessica's head, “Hey.” Jessica gently pecked Yuri’s lips and smiled, snaking her arms around his neck, “Hi.”

“You are so much more beautiful when you’re pregnant…”

A slap landed on Yuri’s head as Jessica frowned deeply, “so I’m not beautiful when I’m not?” Jessica was clear that Yuri obviously didn’t mean it that way but she loved teasing Yuri, his reactions were always funny. She pinched Yuri’s cheek and asked, “Is that what you’re trying to say, Seobang?”  

Yuri let out a small whine and pouted, burying his face into Jessica’s neck as he mumbled all sorts of incoherent words. Jessica let a wide smile and held onto Yuri’s head, ruffling his head of dark locks; this man right here was the one she should have cherished right from the beginning. Yuri was content with his position, his nose tucked into Jessica’s neck as he cuddled her like a koala hanging on a tree.

Jessica was in the midst of running her fingers through Yuri’s hair when she felt Yuri hug her even tighter. “Yul? Are you okay?” Yuri nodded and looked up, giving Jessica’s jaw a light peck. “I’m fine… just can’t wait for our baby to be born.” Yuri was sincere when he said that, kids were practically his best mates.

Yuri wanted to marry Jessica but Jessica didn't want to walk down the altar looking like a whale (so she says) though on Yuri's side, he felt that Jessica wasn't sure if he was the one.

“What do you want to name him?”

Yuri moved slightly and looked at Jessica, “how do you know it’s a boy, Sica? It might be a girl.”

Jessica’s lips formed a small pout, “I think it’s a boy.”

“But I want a girl…”

That was it for her; Jessica couldn’t stop giggling at the sight of Yuri whining for a girl. Yuri wasn’t the biological father and even though Jessica hated for it to be that way, it was a fact. And if the baby did look like Taecyeon somehow, she couldn’t imagine how heartbroken Yuri would be. Yuri was capable of loving her baby and she knew it, she just didn’t think it was fair.

“What if it’s not a girl?”

“Then he can be my junior!” Yuri rambled excitedly, sitting on his knees as he looked at Jessica with puppy eyes, “we can play football, baseball, swim together and I can bring him with me to cut hair or even get his hair styled. If it’s a girl,” Yuri thought, biting his lip, “I can always help her to dress up, play princess or even learn how to braid her hair if she wants.”

Tears started to gather in Jessica’s eyes, Yuri was such a sweetheart and for him to be making plans for their baby like this… it was beyond whatever Jessica could have imagined. She had never seen a man like Yuri before – and yes, Yuri was younger than her by a bit but he was a man, he wasn’t a selfish boy who only thought of himself.

“W-Why are you c-crying?” Yuri spluttered, hurriedly brushing Jessica’s tears away from her face, “I’m sorry, Sica. Please don’t cry, oh my God…” Jessica held onto Yuri’s hands and beamed a teary smile at him, “Stupid Seobang… I only cried because you were being too sweet when you spoke of our babies…”

Yuri's cheeks burned with embarrassment, realizing he had been rambling on and on about his fantasies. He has always loved kids, especially when they could run around since they could run together and have fun. When he was younger, he too wanted a brother so they could have fun and play together but since that couldn't come true, he would want to play with his child. 

Jessica pulled Yuri down to lay upon her and waited for him to hold himself up so he wouldn’t crush her. She gently rubbed her thumb against his soft cheek, “I think you’ll be an amazing father.” Yuri held onto her hand and kissed it, “I have to keep up with you, don’t I? A brave mother who chose to let the baby live even when no one was by her side.”

With that, Jessica stopped their conversation with a passionate kiss; Yuri deserved so much more than that but he wouldn’t do anything. He insisted that Jessica give birth before they gave in to their own temptations, and because Yuri was doing it for her own good as well as the baby’s, Jessica would go along with him. This just proved that Yuri would be the best father for her baby. 

 

 

-

 

 

“OMO!”

Mrs Jung exclaimed when there was a big group of people standing outside her front door early in the morning, Sooyoung, Sunny, Hyoyeon, Taeyeon and Yoona. She lifted an eyebrow and opened the door wider, “what are you all doing here so early in the morning?” Taeyeon smiled and gave Mrs Jung a hug, “we’re going with Sica for her check-up today.” 

Her daughter had the best friends ever, Mrs Jung thought. She was aware of how Jessica behaved in school and how her friendship with Taeyeo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter