Yuri's Pride

Indestructible
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Happy birthday Kim Taeyeon! ♥ My little baby girl who has done nothing but protect her girls from everything. You deserve so much more than the hate you're getting... you deserve to be loved & treasured like how the girls treasure you. I love you so much, Taengoo. 

 

 

As the results have shown, the first up will be TaeRi! Please enjoy this super long shot below and share your thoughts with me afterward.

 

 

---

 

 

Yuri was in the midst of changing her t-shirt when she felt a pair of familiar arms wrap around her waist tightly, a cute button nose nuzzling into her shoulder blades. “Baby, do you need something?” She felt the face behind shake from left to right before mumbling an incoherent word. “Aigoo, what’s the problem now? You need to stop being so cute every time you want something…”

She tried to pry the arms around her waist off but it proved futile when the arms just tightened along with the nose nuzzling even deeper into her back. “Yah, you won’t even let me see your beautiful face now?” No response. “Kim Taeyeon, you let me look at you and give you a bear hug right now.”

With those words, Yuri felt the pair of arms loosen and she took the chance to turn around, not letting Taeyeon react in time. Taeyeon couldn’t even lift her head to look at Yuri when Yuri wrapped one arm around her shoulder, “Baby, look at me…” Taeyeon shook her head, she felt so embarrassed that she was about to ask this of Yuri right now. She felt Yuri cup her cheeks and she flushed pink, still not used to the skinship that made her heart pound.

Taeyeon allowed Yuri to lift her face and she pouted cutely, “tell me what’s wrong and why you’re behaving so adorably again.” Yuri said and leaned even closer, allowing her sharp nose to nuzzle against Taeyeon’s cute one. The kid leader couldn’t help but groan mentally when Yuri continued her antics.

How was she to even tell Yuri about her problem when all her girlfriend did was tempt her with that husky voice and plump lips?

 

Flashback.

Taeyeon was in the van with Tiffany, Jessica and Sooyoung, the three members listening to the audio of Taeyeon singing rain on Sketchbook but with the MR removed. Like always, Tiffany was on the verge of tears as she let Taeyeon’s beautiful voice sink into her heart and soul. Jessica frowned, “Taengoo, were you having a bad flu during this recording?” Taeyeon nodded, sighing as she replied.

Sooyoung just lifted her hand and patted Taeyeon’s back, she knew Taeyeon wasn’t satisfied with her performance on sketchbook because she could have done so much better when her voice was in tiptop condition. “You did well, Taeyeon-ah. Stop thinking that this isn’t good enough or so God help me, I’ll hit you even if my best friend stops talking to me.” Jessica warned, holding her neck pillow in the air.

Taeyeon snorted at Jessica’s warning and stuck her tongue out, “ we all know Yul will protect me anyway.” Tiffany rolled her eyes at how childish Taeyeon was being and she moved to the edge of her seat, slapping the back of Taeyeon’s head. “No one will protect you from me, TaeTae. Not even Yuri because we all know how afraid she is when I get angry.”

“Damn it…” Taeyeon mumbled and pulled her hood over her face before lying down on the seat, she was short enough to fit into the back row without disturbing Sooyoung anyway.  Jessica and Tiffany both looked at Sooyoung with a downcast expression, “Yah, shorty…” Sooyoung started, “I know this isn’t the best you can do but you did this well when you were sick, I think it’s more than amazing.”

That wasn’t the entire reason why Taeyeon was feeling so ty though, her members had showered her with praise and love after hearing her MR removed video but her own girlfriend didn’t say a single thing about it. Yuri was usually one of the first to listen and praise her but this time, she hadn’t said a single thing and Taeyeon knew that Yuri probably wasn’t even aware that an MR removed audio was going viral in their own country.

Jessica’s eyes narrowed when she saw Taeyeon staring at her peas in the backseat, “does this have something to do with Yuri not saying anything about your singing, Taengoo?” Tiffany’s eyes widened in realization when Jessica brought it up, “Oh my God, I think you’re right. She’s staring at those peas Yuwree bought her again.” Sooyoung turned around and smacked her forehead when she saw how Taeyeon was zoning out again.

Tiffany got up from her seat and climbed over to the back seat, hovering her bum over Taeyeon’s short legs, “Kim Taeyeon, move your legs now.” Taeyeon huffed and obeyed, knowing Tiffany would just plop her bum there if she didn’t move. Tiffany held Taeyeon’s face and brought it towards her neck, enveloping her smaller best friend in a comforting hug. She moved her hands and gestured Jessica and Sooyoung to continue talking.

“A-Ah, yes…” Sooyoung cleared , “you know Yuri’s like the opposite of you, right?” Taeyeon’s hands crawled across Tiffany’s waist and snuggled into Tiffany’s arms, a sign that she was going to block everyone out soon. “You’re like a genius in technology but your girlfriend is practically a cavewoman, remember how she survived without her phone for almost 2 weeks when Yoona hid it?”

The girls were so fed up with Yuri’s lack of IT knowledge so Hyoyeon suggested that they hide Yuri’s phone and laptop for a week or two to see how Yuri would cope. Yuri rarely asked them for help regarding things like this and if she had to learn it the hard way then so be it. To their shock (more of horror, actually), Yuri didn’t bother to find it and just stuck to watching her horror movies instead. As a result, poor Taeyeon had to resist the temptation of giving Yuri back her phone.

Taeyeon felt herself revealing a small smile, the slightest mention of Yuri never failed to make her feel better even though she was half the reason why she felt so upset right now.

“Just remember, Taeng. This is the first time Yuri hasn’t said anything about your music so she was probably just busy and didn’t have time to check the Internet for any updates.”

Flashback end.

 

“Baby?”

“Taengoo?”

“Hellloooooo?”

Taeyeon woke up just in time to see Yuri making funny faces at her to snap her out of her trance. She placed both hands on Yuri’s cheeks to stop Yuri from making herself look like a fool, “Oh God, Yul. What the heck are you doing?” “Y-Your hands…” Yuri forced out from her squashed cheeks and her lips jutted out in a pout, it made Taeyeon giggle at how adorable her girlfriend looked.

Yuri placed her hands atop Taeyeon’s and brought her girlfriend’s hands away from her face. “are you ready to tell me what’s bothering you now?” Taeyeon sighed and turned her back against Yuri, heading out of their room. Yuri was left behind with still wide open at how fast Taeyeon changed, she was worried that Taeyeon might have been troubled by something but for her to get this affected and not be able to open up, it must have been extremely bad.

The tanned girl was on the way out of the room with her duffel bag, ready to head to the gym when she bumped into Hyoyeon and Sunny who were busy giggling over God knows what. “Kwon Yul, where do you think you’re going?” Sunny asked, scanning Yuri from head to toe. Yuri followed Sunny’s gaze, “uh… the gym?” Hyoyeon shook her head and quickly grabbed Yuri’s duffel bag, running to Tiffany’s room to hide.

“YAH! What the heck!” Yuri called out helplessly, looking after her gym bag that was just snatched without reason. Sunny tiptoed and pulled Yuri’s ear hard, dragging the prankster with her, “Sunkyu… what did I do now? I haven’t pranked you yet…” Yuri whined, bending down to Sunny’s height. “YET?!” Sunny yelled and pinched Yuri’s abs, earning a yelp from her.

Taeyeon was sitting in the living room with her iPad busy playing her games when she saw her girlfriend being dragged into the kitc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter