Taking Responsibility [7]

Indestructible
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Please check out my two new YoonYul stories - Down For You & Love Me or Die. 

Down For You is a one-shot whereby Yuri shows her appreciation for Yoong while Love Me or Die is a short story whereby ex-girlfriend/top surgeon meets Yuri in the operating theatre again; will she allow Yuri to live or die?

 

 

---

 

 

Months later...

 

Yuri was in the school gym with Taeyeon; he wanted to have a good work out when he left class but Taeyeon demanded that he bring her along as well since she rarely saw him nowadays. Taeyeon's revelation stabbed Yuri's heart and he had no choice but to bring his sister out of guilt. No matter though, he missed Taeyeon.

“Yul, are you really going to be able to love Jessica’s baby as your own?” Taeyeon turned to Yuri as she picked up a dumbbell, “I don’t want you to do this out of sympathy and end up regretting in the future. It’s going to kill Jessica now that she's reaching the third trimester.”

Yuri breathed out heavily and turned the treadmill off; there were so many reasons why he was doing this for Jessica. He didn’t want her to be ostracized; he didn’t want her to be a single mother because they got the worst insults; he didn’t want her to feel unloved.

And most of all… he was falling for her.

“I've never regretted it.”

 

While Yuri and Taeyeon were in the gym, Jessica was on her way to locker room to change. Yuri had texted her to ask her if she wanted to join them in the gym after class so here she was. Jessica could feel someone following her but every single time she turned around, there were so many people walking. The moment she entered the locker room, she felt as if she had made the wrong move – whoever was following her would catch her alone.

“Who’s there? You can come out now, y’know.” Jessica masked her trembling nerves with a strong, confident voice, “since you didn’t dare to approach me outside, you can come out now.” 

She expected this.

Who should come out but cowardly Ok Taecyeon?

Taecyeon sighed and came out with his face looking downwards, he couldn't bring himself to face Jessica. He had been keeping an eye on her for the past week or so and he couldn't help but to start feeling jealous at how tender Yuri was to her even as she was pregnant with his baby and not Yuri's.

“What do you want?” Jessica spat bitterly, “haven’t you done enough for the past few months?”

Taecyeon was taken aback at how hostile Jessica was but he regained his composure in seconds – she did have the right to be angry. He sat down on the bench and clasped his hands together before asking, “A-All I wanted to know w-was… i-if you’re doing well.”

An intentional scoff was released from Jessica as she leaned back against the lockers, “I’m doing perfectly fine, thank you. I have Yuri and my friends by my side, it’s more than enough.”

Jessica wanted to smile when she saw Taecyeon flinch at her cold tone; he deserved it. She usually wasn't this rude to her friends but when they deserved it, she would give it without battting an eyelid. Taecyeon, in this case, doesn't deserve anything from her and Jessica wasn't planning to be courteous. 

“I’m glad to know you’re doing well,” Taecyeon forced out, “I can’t wait for our baby to be born.”

Jessica snapped her head in Taecyeon’s direction instantly, staring at him with eyes full of hatred and without a hint of gratitude. She couldn’t believe what was coming out of Taecyeon’s mouth right now. After trying ways and means to deny that her baby was his, now he comes running back to indirectly claim that he was ready to be the father? How much of an idiot would she be if she accepted him?

“I’m sorry but coming back to claim your baby now?” Jessica sniggered, “he is no longer yours and will never be. I will never let my baby get to know a coward as a father; a coward who didn’t bother about his or her existence in the first place; a coward who only tried to protect himself.”

Taecyeon knew he had done wrong by turning Jessica away when she needed him most but he didn’t know big of an impact he had on her. He couldn’t call it regret that he hid away from his responsibilities because it gave him time to explain to his parents before they found out on their own. He was also aware that Jessica struggled so much before garnering the respect of Yuri’s friends but he wanted to make up for it.

“J-Jessica, ple--- No, Taecyeon.”

Jessica and Taecyeon looked towards the source of the voice, only to find Yuri walking towards them in his basketball jersey. Yuri didn’t plan on eavesdropping at first but when he heard Taecyeon talking to Jessica about the baby, he decided to wait – till Taecyeon started to plead with his girlfriend.

Yuri ignored the questioning gaze from Jessica, pulling her to stand behind him as he stood chest to chest with Taecyeon. “How dare you ask her about the baby?” Yuri sneered, “after acting like you have nothing to do with her, you act like you want the baby and you want to start a family with her. I’m sorry… I will not allow you to treat her like this.”

The ice princess was still in a daze, wondering what in the world Yuri was doing here. Her heart was beating so fast; Jessica could swear it would beat itself out of her chest very soon. Yuri was so confident and so protective… it was heart-warming to see him care this much for a baby that would never be biologically his. She meekly raised her arms and wrapped them around Yuri’s waist, resting her head in between his shoulder blades.

“I think you should leave, Taecyeon. And I mean, leave Jessica alone till we graduate. I don’t think it’s healthy for the fetus to be seeing the person who didn’t want him or her.” 

With a triumphant grin, Yuri managed to chase Taecyeon out of the locker room so he was left alone with Jessica. He was enjoying the tight embrace Jessica was giving him; they were meant to be together right from the start. Jessica, herself was enjoying was sense of security she had from Yuri. 

“Well, aren’t you enjoying yourself back there?”

Jessica’s eyebrows knitted together and she threw a few punches at Yuri’s back, breaking the nice embrace they had. “Don’t be so full of yourself, Kwon Yuri. I can always find someone else to hug if I want to.” That was all Jessica needed to make Yuri stop his cockiness almost immediately, pouting in protest to her threat.

Jessica tried to play the mad card but she failed the moment sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter