Alcoholic [3]

Indestructible
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mr Lee was feeling baffled. He noticed that for a period of time when Jessica was close to her partner aka Yuri, her grades had suddenly improved miraculously. 

Yuri had been attending classes regularly like always but she had requested for a change of seats out of the blue. The moment the seats were changed, he noticed how Yuri and Jessica hardly smiled in class anymore. Jessica had gone back to her old ways, cutting classes or sleeping during lessons whenever she felt like it. Chugged alcohol at a ridiculous rate and her grades were plummeting to the ground. 

The tanned girl was coincidentally absent today and Jessica was in a foul mood the whole day, snapping at whoever tried to come near her. Yuri was a good student and it was obvious to the whole student body. Jessica wasn't really a trouble-maker, she just focused too much of her attention on the wrong things. 

There was definitely something wrong between Yuri and Jessica, and he was going to find out what it is. 

 

 

-

 

 

‘I shouldn't have gone for training with my back like this. Gosh, I'm such an idiot...’

Yuri cursed to herself; she had gone for basketball as well as swimming the day before, further aggravating her back injury. Now it was so painful till the point where she couldn't even get up. She took out her phone and punched in a familiar number, waiting for the person to pick up, “Hello? Yes, Yul?”

“Fany, I need a f-favour from you.”

“Sure, sweetie. What's up?”

“Could you come over after school?”

Tiffany chortled, “I would have even without you telling me. I'm gonna kick your so hard. You should have told me you were not coming to school today. I was nearly late.”

Yuri chuckled at Tiffany's whining, she could imagine Tiffany pouting on the other side of the phone. Her actions were so predictable sometimes. “Stop pouting, Fany-ah. Call me before you come, all right? And please don't let the others tag along. I need to talk to you alone.”

“Okay, Yuwree. Take care of yourself. See you later.”

The tanned girl needed to get a glass of water but she couldn't even get up without her flinching in pain. She didn't know how bad the injury was, all she needed was someone to rub her back for her without nagging and scolding her for being an idiot. 

And the only one who would be able to do that was Tiffany. 

Taeyeon, Sooyoung and Hyoyeon would probably find Jessica and beat the living crap out of her for causing Yuri to sustain an injury. Yoona would make sure Jessica's life in school would be a living hell. Sunny and Seohyun would start nagging at her for being a fool.

Thoughts of Jessica were constantly running through her mind although Yuri knew that she shouldn't have such thoughts about the blonde anymore, considering how their relationship had turned out in the end. 

Without her realizing, Yuri was slowly drifting to dreamland where Jessica and her actually had a possibility of being more than friends. 

 

 

‘Should I call her? She might be sleeping now though... I have her house keys anyway.’

Tiffany mentally smacked herself for being so forgetful sometimes. Opening the door slowly, the first thing that caught her attention was the duffel bag that Yuri had brought with her to the hostel the week before. 

The eye-smiling girl ignored it and walked upstairs with light footsteps, not wanting to wake her best friend if the girl was actually sleeping. Tiffany slowly twisted the knob and peeked inside, “Yuwree-ah....” She whispered as she saw the tanned girl lying on her front on the bed.

It was an odd position and it made her even more confused than before, Yuri hated lying on her stomach because she thinks that position would make her s even flatter. 

Dropping her bag, Tiffany sat on the bed and ran her fingers through Yuri's raven locks. Many mistook the two best friends as lovers but they couldn't care less when they knew it was impossible. 

“Hm.. Fany-ah, you're here?” Yuri whispered and looked up sleepily, rubbing her eyes. “Yeah, why are you sleeping in this position? I thought you hated lying on your front?” Tiffany asked and a smile formed on her face when Yuri moved to place her head on her lap. 

They didn't say anything more and enjoyed the comfortable silence until Yuri could feel herself falling asleep once again. The feel of having Tiffany's fingers running through her hair was heart-warming and Yuri loved it. In this case, it was like her Umma was doing the same. 

“Can you rub my back for me please?” Yuri looked up at Tiffany painfully, biting her lips as she could feel the pain shooting up her spine once again. “Hmm? Is there something wrong with your back?” Tiffany looked back at her childish best friend with yet another confused expression.

“It's painful.”

Tiffany couldn’t stop herself from rolling her eyes, “You're lucky I always bring medicine and cream for your constant muscle aches. Knowing you, there must be someone to look after you 24 hours around the clock. Looks like I'm going to be your nanny for the night.”

Lifting Yuri's loose shirt, Tiffany nearly collapsed from shock. Yuri's lower back was showing a variety of colours and the area was swollen. “Y-Yuwree! How did you injure yourself so badly?” Tiffany asked and her fingers trembled, running them over the swollen area. 

Her heart was breaking and she knew that it was definitely not Yuri's doing. The tanned girl knew that her competition was coming and she was always cautious of her surroundings. 

“I'll ask you later. For now, try to bear with me.”

Rubbing the cream between her two palms, Tiffany pressed them against Yuri's bruises and she yelped loudly. She could feel the heat from the medicated cream. “Sorry, babe. I'll try to be a bit more gentle.” The redhead apologised and took several deep bre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter