Can I Borrow A Kiss? [1]

Indestructible
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Yuri's POV]

" Unnie, over here. " Yoona waved to me like the choding she was, using both hands to attract my attention. I was seriously blessed to have her as my sister. 

I'm Kwon Yuri. I'm 22 this year and I'm currently working to become a part of the CID. Ever since I had found out my family background, my ambition was to enrol in the police force. 

My dad was a drug addict and he was caught during his NS service. He was put in military jail and was locked up for only 3 years due to young age. When my mother was pregnant with Yoona, he was high on and pushed my mother off the bed. She landed on her stomach, where she could have suffered a miscarriage. 

My mother is the absolute hero in my life. Without her, there wouldn't be me today. But just a few months back, we had lost Umma to cancer. She kept it to herself all this while and made sure Yoona and I were both okay before she finally gave in. 

Kwon Yoona is my sister and I can't deny that I've doted on her ever since she was a baby. I mean, who can resist such a cute, angelic face like hers? Even now at 18 years old, she still has that innocent face of hers. 

I swore on my life that no matter what, Yoona would always come first before anyone else. She was my younger sister that never failed to be my source of happiness. She was the one who gave me strength to continue after Umma died. I couldn't leave her behind. She would be alone if I had committed suicide. 

" Hi, Yoong. How was everything when Unnie was away? " I asked, giving her a tight hug. I had been overseas for 2 weeks undergoing intense training with the senior officers. 

" It was boring. Unnie, you know how I am when I'm alone at home. I can't sit still for long but I can't go anywhere. " Yoona pouted, looking at me with those huge doe eyes she posessed. 

" Aye, you're such a baby. I said you could go out, just not until too late. It's not my fault you have an issue moving around alone. " I teased and immediately kissed her cheeks before she could slap me. 

" Unnie, you . " Yoona crossed her arms turned her back to face me.

My uncle was a rich business man and he made me work for him for a couple of years as the CEO since he was very sick during that time. During that period of time, he made me get engaged with a woman. She was very reluctant at first but when she heard that it was me she was engaged to, she was desperate. 

I don't love her though. 

 

*~*~*~*

 

The woman that Yuri had gotten engaged to was Victoria Song, the heiress of the Song Empire. Yuri's uncle wanted Yuri to settle down so he could give the company to her. 

It wasn't Yuri's interest. In fact, she hated sitting in an office 24/7. It just wasn't her thing. 

" Victoria Song still chasing after you, Unnie? " Yoona asked, playing with her food.

" Gosh. Don't even talk about it. " Yuri rolled her eyes. 

Victoria Song was the epitome of crazy and because Yuri wasn't part of the CID officially, she still had to repay her uncle because he had given her a job when she was only 19. 

It means that if she cannot find another girl in 2 weeks, she has to marry Victoria. 

" Unnie, why don't you find someone else? Then the two of you can part ways until Uncle is convinced. I mean it's better than marrying some psycho. " Yoona smiled and pouted when Yuri flicked her forehead. 

" It's not fair to that person either. " 

" Well, you have two weeks. " Yoona warned and continued drinking her coffee.

*

*

*

" Get away from me, Victoria! " Yuri squirmed uncomfortably and ran towards the nearest place in sight, which was a brightly-lit nightclub. 

She thanked God that it was crowded and it would be even harder to spot her since she was wearing black. She moved towards the bar and panted slightly, asking for a drink. 

" Hi, are you new here? " Yuri turned to her right.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter