Taking Responsibility [2]

Indestructible
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica was now at the clinic with Yuri, both their hearts pounding, as Jessica’s turn neared with her number slip approaching. She was full of regret and more but factually, there was NO ONE she could blame for her current predicament because firstly, her drink wasn’t even drugged and it happened because she got drunk; secondly, Yuri and Sunny had tried to stop her but she didn’t listen either.

Yuri, on the other hand had his legs constantly shaking in order to keep his nerves under control; his fingers intertwined tightly. “It’s okay, Yuri-ah… Everything will be okay, just be positive.”

Talking to himself was a very well known habit since he was the ace of the basketball team and everyone was interested in him. He wasn’t surprised by his popularity but he was appreciative that they liked him for who he was; and no one pushed him to go for parties at clubs and things he didn’t want to do.

“Yuri…” Jessica whispered, looking at Yuri with a concerned expression, “Yeah?” She didn’t know how to continue her original sentence after seeing the genuine care he held in his eyes, it took her by surprise. Yuri lifted his eyebrow, still looking at Jessica with a questioning gaze. “Hello? What is it?” Jessica took a deep breath, “Will you stay with me in the room when the doctor needs to check?”

That wasn’t her original sentence but that could wait, it was a little too fast to plan ahead because her pregnancy wasn’t even confirmed yet. Yuri wasn’t obliged to stay with her at all and it scared her that he could leave her any time he wanted, maybe keeping quiet was still better. “Of course, I’m already here with you…” Yuri mumbled softly, he was probably more nervous than Jessica.

“Number 234! Doctor Choi will see you now!”

“That’s us, let’s go.” Yuri stood up and took Jessica’s hand in his, leading her to the doctor’s office. Jessica felt her heart skip a beat when Yuri mentioned ‘us’ in his statement, it made her feel as if Yuri was the one who would be taking responsibility… but he wasn’t. He didn’t need to, after all.

Yuri rapped his knuckles on the door, unconsciously tightening his grip on Jessica’s hand. “Come in!” Jessica watched as Yuri continuously took deep breaths, why did it suddenly seem as if Yuri was her baby’s father? “NOONA?!” Yuri cried out, his hand let go of Jessica’s immediately.

This was bad.

The doctor was Choi Soojin, Sooyoung’s older sister.

Oh God. Yuri wanted to cry even though he wasn’t the baby’s father. He knew Soojin would never hide this from Mr and Mrs Jung since their the Choi’s and Jung’s were business partners. Here they were, trying to keep it low by going to a small private clinic and here Choi Soojin was. “Yuri? Are you unwell?” Soojin got up from her chair and approached Yuri, giving him a tight hug. “H-Hey, Noona. No, just accompanying Sica…”

Soojin looked behind Yuri and smiled at the sight of the familiar girl, “Hey, Jessica. Come over here and let Unnie see the problem.” Jessica tripped over her own feet and nearly fell flat on her face if it wasn’t for Yuri’s quick reflexes. She stumbled against Yuri’s chest, one hand nicely placed on his left pec, where his heart was. The organ beneath her palm was racing and Yuri’s ears were turning a bit pinkish, he was getting shy.

“Yo, lovebirds. I’m still here.”

The two quickly broke apart, Yuri headed to the couch and scratched the back of his neck in embarrassment.

“So what’s the problem here, Jessie?” Soojin sat down and placed the stethoscope back around her neck, her pen ready to take down any specific issues. “I… I think I’m pregnant, Unnie…”

Soojin nearly fell off her chair when she heard those words, she hadn’t expected that at all. Her eyes travelled towards the nervous teenager who was looking at the posters that advertised protection during . “KWON YURI! YOU COME HERE!” Soojin got off her chair and charged towards Yuri as Yuri ran for his life; he didn’t even know what he did wrong.

The chase continued until Jessica finally understood why Soojin was chasing after Yuri with a syringe. “UNNNIE!! HE’S NOT THE FATHER!!” Soojin abruptly stopped when she heard Jessica’s yell, quickly adjusting her doctor’s coat. “Why didn’t you say so earlier?” Yuri mumbled and sat on the couch with his hair all messed up. Soojin’s expression changed to a look disappointment when she finally registered that both Jessica and Yuri were only 18 years old this year, it was way too early to get pregnant.

“You’re only eighteen, Sica… What are you doing with your life?” Soojin whispered, taking out a pregnancy kit and a small cup, “you know what to do, don’t you?” Jessica nodded and left the room, her shoulders unusually heavy.

Jessica was aware of how serious the consequences were if she was pregnant but how could she abort it? It was still a life after all, it would be inhumane if she killed it before it was born. In the worst case scenario, Taecyeon would just take it as Jessica never existed and that night never happened but her baby wasn’t going to suffer for it. Her baby was going to be the best thing she’s ever had. She took a final breath and did the tests accordingly, the pregnancy kit first - two red vertical lines.

 

Positive.

 

She hadn't done anything like pee in a cup before but this was going to be the start of many firsts for her. Was she ready for this? Maybe not just yet but things would naturally take its course, she thought. Carrying the cup back to the room carefully, Jessica wondered if Yuri's treatment towards her would change. He had been gentle and caring for far too long now but all she ever did was take advantage of that.

“Unnie, here...” Soojin looked up from her notepad and received the cup from Jessica, “Both of you wait here. I'll send this for testing in the next room. Give me a minute.”

As soon as Soojin left, the room was engulfed in awkward silence; something that never happened before. Yuri and Jessica never had any awkward moments; they would always find something to talk about. "Yul, don't you have practice now?" Jessica said in a soft tone, she didn't want to piss him off when he was probably the only one who would remain civil to her. Yuri buried his face in his palms, "it doesn't matter right now."

His tone was already turning cold.

Was Jessica going to lose him?

 

 

---

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter