Alcoholic [7]

Indestructible
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

5 years later…

 

Yuri was pacing up and down in the waiting room while Yoona, Taeyeon, Sooyoung and Hyoyeon watched their best friend fret over anything and everything under the sun. “Yah, you're making all of us dizzy…” Sooyoung whined and threw a cushion at Yuri, hitting her in the face.

Yoona high-fived with Sooyoung and threw another one at Yuri. “Stop playing around, you're gonna mess her suit up!” Taeyeon scolded and slapped both their heads, walking towards Yuri who was desperately trying to calm herself down. 

Yoona and Sooyoung pouted, playing with their phones now that horsing around wasn't allowed with Taeyeon around. 

“Why can't I see my bride, Taengoo?” Yuri whined at the eldest girl. 

Yuri and Jessica were finally getting married, much to the joy of their parents. Mr and Mrs Jung were utterly touched by Yuri's love for Jessica. “Wow. You look great, Yuri.” Mrs Jung came walking in with a teasing look at her future daughter-in-law. Yuri blushed and walked towards Mrs Jung.

Jessica requested for Yuri to wear a tuxedo instead of a wedding gown, much to Yuri's delight as well. She never liked wearing dresses in case she tripped and fell. 

“Thanks, Umma. Where's Sica? I need to see her before our wedding. She must look gorgeous.” Yuri was on her way to walking out the door when she felt someone grab her by her ears.

“OW OW OW!!!”

Hyoyeon high-fived Mrs Jung and held the younger girl back, Yoona and Sooyoung now blocking the door from Yuri. It was a standard tradition for the bride and groom not to see each other before the wedding. “Ummmmaaaa…” Yuri whined and tugged at Mrs Jung's arm pleadingly with her puppy eyes. 

“Kwon Seobang, it's bad luck to see your bride before your wedding. Do you want your marriage to be rocky?” Mrs Jung asked with a stern expression, smiling when she saw Yuri pouting to herself. “No.....” Mumbling to herself, Yuri sat down on the couch dejectedly. She missed Jessica so much and she was desperate to see her baby. 

 

Flashback. 

Yuri was with Mrs Jung and Krystal, revealing her long-awaited plan to her future in-laws. She had been neglecting Jessica the past few days for several reasons and it was definitely valid.

Mrs Jung was feeding Krystal a piece of meat when she turned to Yuri, “Yuri-ah, you better not keep Jessie waiting. She's been complaining to her father so much.” Yuri nodded cutely and re-assured Mrs Jung with a kiss on the cheek, she was going to carry out her plan tonight. 

“That's one hell of a present, Unnie.” Krystal looked at Yuri with a teasing glare, wondering what Jessica's reaction was going to be. “I know, Soojung. It's the best present after 4 years of being together.” Yuri winked, throwing a piece of watermelon at Krystal's face. 

Krystal glared at Yuri before getting off her seat, walking towards Yuri with sharp eyes. She wasn't going to let her sister-in-law off so easily. 

“I'M GONNA KILL YOU, UNNIE!”

 

 

 

-

 

 

To: Sooyeon

Jessie, Yuri's sick and she needs you now. She's dying in her apartment. Soojung and I will leave when you come to take care of your Seobang.

From: Umma

 

Jessica bolted out of her bed and ran to her wardrobe, throwing on a jacket before running out of the house. She went to the roadside and was about to flag for a cab when she saw Tiffany walking towards her. 

“Fany? What are you doing here?”

“I'm heading to Yuri's apartment and Mrs Jung told me that you were too so I decided to drop by and pick you up.” Tiffany smiled cunningly and pulled the blonde to her car. 

Tiffany was driving at high speed and she suddenly remembered about the dress lying in the backseat. The black mid-length dress was going to look beautiful on Jessica. “Sica, there's a dress behind and I want you to change into it.” Tiffany instructed and stopped the car for awhile, looking at Jessica with a straight face.

“Huh? Why do I need the dress? We're just going to Yuri's apartment.” Jessica was puzzled by the bizarre instructions that were given in haste. “It's better than wearing your pajamas with a rubber ducky plastered right in the middle of your shirt.” 

Jessica looked down and flushed pink in embarrassment. She hadn't noticed that she was still wearing her pajamas when she ran out of the house. “Go behind and change. Don't worry, the windows are tinted so no one can see what's going on inside.” Tiffany laughed before starting her engine. 

The blonde decided to stay in the backseat after changing into her dress and she lay down, gazing into blank space when she noticed how dark the sky was outside. 

“Uh, what time is it?”

“7.30.”

“WHAT?”  

“I slept until 7.30 in the evening? I'm turning into a bear. I'm gonna have hibernation days very soon.” Tiffany burst into laughter, realizing how accurate Yuri was. 

Yuri told her not to go over so early, preferably in the late afternoon was the best timing that Jessica would wake up and see the message sent by Mrs Jung. “Comb your hair and make sure you look beautiful, Honey. You need to look good since it's your anniversary, although Yuri's being a sick baby.” 

Jessica froze in the midst of combing her hair. It was her 4th anniversary and she had lost count a few weeks ago because of her irregular sleeping times.  

“You forgot, didn't you?”

“Yeah, I did. . I didn't get anything for her.” Jessica face palmed and mumbled incoherent words, scolding herself for being such a dummy. “Don't worry. That black kid's got it all covered. She expected you to forget anyway.” Tiffany winked and concentrated on the road.

 

Preparation of a beautiful girl - ☑

 

 

-

 

 

To: Yoongie

Jessica's with me and we'll be there in about 5 minutes. Make sure Yuri's ready with everything. Don't turn on the lights until the slide show is over and Yuri is ready to come out.

From: Fany-unnie

 

Yoona showed the text to all the girls sitting at the living room, getting ready for Jessica's big surprise. Mrs Jung and Krystal were with Yuri in her bedroom. “Is the slideshow ready?” Taeyeon asked, turning on the laptop to make sure it's well-connected to the projector in order for it to play at certain places of the apartment. 

Sooyoung and Seohyun were in charge of the technical duties in this plan and it was all under control, photos and videos were all arranged in order. “Are you sure Yuri-unnie will be able to pop the question successfully?” Seohyun asked cautiously, there were many hiccups while preparing this surprise. 

“She'll be ready.”

 

Slideshow - ☑

 

---

 

 

“Girls, they're coming!” Taeyeon shouted and everyone rushed to their hiding places. It was even easier to hide since all the lights were off. 

Everyone hushed and heard the door click open, revealing Jessica and Tiffany's slim silhouettes. They could hear Jessica asking if Yuri was awake and things like that since the apartment was in darkness.

“Now.” Hyoyeon whispered to Sooyoung and the projector light shone onto the wall, revealing a very beautiful picture of Jessica gracing the white wall. 

 

 ​

 

“Holy mother..............”

Jessica gasped; looking at the photo that Yuri had forced her to take. Yuri was pleading with Jessica to go for a photo shoot with a y concept and this was the reason why. “Go and sit down, Sica.” Tiffany whispered, pushing Jessica towards the sofa. She quickly ran to where Sunny was and they sat below the staircase, watching the slideshow from a difference. 

 

   

 

Sicababy, you must be thanking me for forcing you to join us for the performance of the year. Keke. These photos are proof that you kicked your addiction successfully and you're finally on the right track. Look at yourself, and don't tell me that you can't see the beauty staring back at you. 

 

    

 

Before you kill me for these pictures that I promised never to reveal to anyone, look at it from my perspective. My beaut

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter