Alcoholic [1]

Indestructible
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Jessica's POV]

I groaned, hearing footsteps approach my room. I didn’t even need to see who it was to know who in the world is approaching my room to wake me up. “Unnie, it's time for breakfast.” There we go, it’s my little dongsaeng aka Krystal Jung Soojung.

I'm Jessica Jung and I'm turning 18 this year. I live with Krystal and my parents; not my biological father though, my stepfather. My mother divorced my father when I was 10 and re-married when I was 12.

It is very complicated. 

“Coming!”

I sighed and dragged my lazy body out of bed, trudging towards my bathroom. I was a simple girl. I just wanted a happy family and friends that I could trust in times of need. 

It seems like even that is too much to ask. 

 

Flashback. [12 years old] 

I was sitting at home, waiting for my mother to come back from her office. She had a simple 9-5 job and she was always very punctual in coming back home. Krystal was staying over at her friend, Amber's house for the night. I sighed; I never had that privilege at that age. 

My teacher, Miss Lee had praised me in front of the whole class for topping the class once again. I was happy to the point where I couldn't speak. I have never topped the class before and this was a good chance to make my mother proud of me. “Umma, where are you? It's already 5.12pm.” I pouted, looking at my digital watch. I caressed the watch; my dad had bought it for me when I was 8 years old. 

I heard noise outside the door and I stood up, ready to give my mother a bear hug. I loved hugging my mother because she was just so comfortable to hug and cuddle with. 

“Umma!” I screamed happily, only to be greeted with my step-father stumbling through the door. He looked really drunk and I was shocked. 

As much as I didn't like him, he was a gentleman and he always tried to break the ice. I felt horrible. My stepfather was a really nice man and he had never taken alcohol in front of us. Seeing him like this today just makes me feel even more confused. 

“Jessica, what are you doing here?” His voice had a singsong tune to it, he was definitely as drunk as a lord. I backed away slowly, not wanting any attention from him at this point in time. “I'm going back to my room.” I said quickly, still backing away from him. He was now walking towards the sofa; I was merely a few steps away from it. 

I made an attempt to run when I felt a strong tug on my hair. 

“Ow!” I screamed, feeling myself getting dragged by my hair. This wasn't my step-father; this was a monster. “Why is everyone running away from me? Am I so irritating?” He screamed and lifted his hand to slap me. I quickly covered my face with my arms before I felt like the wind got knocked out of me. 

I groaned, clutching my stomach before I fell off the couch. I curled up into a ball as I felt hot, fresh tears rolling down my cheeks. I never shed a tear in front of anyone except Krystal before and I wasn't going to let this nonsense change that fact. 

“Answer me!”

He kicked me a couple of times before he stopped, supporting himself as he held onto the chair. I stayed silent because when I was crying, my emotions would come into play and words that I don't mean will come flying out. “God damn it! Did you hear me or not? Answer me!” He screamed once again and started throwing punches at me, kicked me as hard as he wanted. 

It wasn't long before I felt my head spinning. My limbs were feeling numb. Everything around me was slowly turning dark and patchy, I out. 

Flashback End. 

 

Ever since that day, I never spoke another word to him.

I changed my lifestyle, I changed my mindset.

I changed every single thing. 

I started to dislike everyone. Call me a judgmental but sometimes, I really can't help it. It's no longer something I can control anymore.

“Unnie, hurry up!” Soojung called once more and I quickly snapped out of my thoughts, running towards the door and down the stairs I went. 

 

 

-

 

 

“Miss Jung, please pay attention and stop falling asleep in class!”

Mr Lee threw a chalk across the room, making it land on Jessica's table, which was next to another girl who was also sleeping. “Yah, blondie. Wake up! Gosh, why are you always sleeping?” A tanned girl shook her tablemate's shoulders slightly, waking the blonde girl up. 

“Mr Lee, she's awake. I'll make sure she stays awake for the rest of the lesson.”

Mr Lee smiled and gave the said girl thumbs up, “thank you, Yuri. You do that for me.”

Yuri looked at the blonde girl who had her head resting on her hand, letting the teacher think that she was looking at her textbook when she was actually dozing off once again. 

She had noticed every little thing that Jessica did. She saw how the older girl ruined her own life everyday. Reeking of alcohol and cigarettes, no one went near her due to the stench. 

 

[Yuri's POV] 

“Jessica? Do you want my notes?” I asked, carefully. I didn't want to see the love of my life ruin herself with every single passing day.

I know many of you will think I'm blind. There are many more beautiful girls compared to Jessica but my eyes and heart chose Jessica Jung. 

She doesn't know that we have been in the same school since we were wearing diapers. I only noticed her after hearing the rumours about her being an alcoholic were floating around. Jessica used to be a warm-hearted and friendly girl in preschool and middle school. 

She changed. Changed to the point where it's beyond recognition. 

Jessica looked up and sent me a death glare, “leave me alone, Yuri or whatever the heck your name is.” She rolled her eyes before placing her head on her arms as she kept her head down. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter