Taking Responsibility [5]

Indestructible
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri felt his legs go numb when he saw Yoona walking towards him, she looked drop-dead gorgeous even in her school uniform. He planned to ask her out for dinner tonight since they had no school tomorrow and honestly, he didn’t know if Yoona reciprocated his feelings but she never really said that she didn’t feel the same. “Hey, Yuri.” Yoona waved, flashing her mega-watt smile at him. Yuri felt like his breath got caught in his throat the moment she did that, completely mesmerized by Yoona’s bewitching good looks.

“Y-Yoona…” Yuri forced out, his own cheeks turning pink rather than Yoona, “Hi. What are you doing here?” Yoona asked, hugging her books even tighter to her chest.

She knew Yuri didn’t just look at her as a friend since he always went out of the way for her. If his class didn’t match hers, he would purposely walk past her class even if his class was on the other side of the building. “Um… I…” Yoona revealed an amused smile, “you…?” Yuri cleared his throat, “I wanted to ask you out for dinner…”

Yoona wasn’t an idiot, she knew Yuri fancied her but she knew that it was more of pure infatuation, not so much the kind where it would develop into more than relationship. “Sure…” Yoona agreed but she knew that by the end of tonight, another heart would be broken.

 

 

---

 

 

Jessica walked along the hallway with Taeyeon and Sooyoung on either side of her to prevent her from hearing malicious comments coming from the other students. Sooyoung knew he had been harsh on Jessica before but come to think of it, he admired her for being able to stand tough alone even when her own father had kicked her out. “How’s Hyoyeon doing, Sooyoung-ah?” Sooyoung smiled at the mention of his girlfriend, “she’s fine, she’s taking part in the upcoming competition soon… What about you, Sica?”

“I… I’m fine, I guess. Uncle Kim and Aunty Kim are taking good care of me… So are Yul and Taeng.” Jessica said gratefully but her downcast tone didn’t escape Sooyoung and Taeyeon’s sharp ears. Sooyoung and Taeyeon’s eyes met, the two sharing a knowing look. “Sica… Is something wrong?” Jessica simply smiled, linking both her arms around Taeyeon as well as Sooyoung’s arms, “what could possibly be wrong? I have all of you by my side…”

Taeyeon sighed mentally, it was obvious that there was something wrong with Jessica but she couldn’t put her finger on it at the moment. She was about to say something else when she saw Yuri walking beside Sunny in their direction. “Yul! Sunkyu!” Yuri waved back and opened his arms for Taeyeon, “hey, Taengoo. Sica, Soo.”

Yuri frowned a little when he saw Jessica trying to force her smile, “Sica...” Yuri smiled when Jessica looked at him innocently, “follow me somewhere?” Taeyeon sent a thumbs-up to Yuri when Jessica took his hand, the two walking towards the cafeteria. He knew there was something bothering Jessica but she wasn’t going to open up in front of so many people; that was Jessica Jung for you.

“What is it, Yul? Are you okay?” Yuri cocked an eyebrow at his best friend, “I should be asking you that, Jung Sooyeon. You’ve been forcing a smile all day and I’m not sure I like the sight of it.” Jessica sighed with a smile, Yuri’s worries never failed to amuse her in some way. He showed it openly and didn’t care about how stupid he looked, as long as Jessica was fine then it was no problem. “I’m okay… why are all of you so paranoid today?” 

“Paranoid my , Sica.” Yuri pinched Jessica’s nose and sat beside her, he wasn’t being paranoid and he knows. Jessica just pinched Yuri’s in return and took out her foolscap pad, the only way to avoid being questioned was to act like she was busy. “I swear, Yul. I’m fine…” Yuri didn’t believe it but Jessica’s firm stance was enough to make him back off, for now. 

Jessica stayed silent, sipping her cup of coffee when Yuri suddenly grabbed her hands, “guess what, Sica?” Jessica mentally groaned, she knew what made him so excited, “what?” Yuri revealed his rare eye-smile and started laughing happily, “Yoona’s going out with me tonight!” 

Of course, why else would Yuri be so excited? 

And where would she be? 

Alone at home.

 

-

 

Yoona held her books and leaned against the wall, she needed to think about how she was going to break the news to Yuri. Yuri looked like he was head over heels for her and she was flattered but she really wasn't interested in a relationship right now. It didn't help that she had been hearing rumours of Yuri knocking Jessica up. 

Yuri whistled to himself till he saw Yoona waiting for him, “YOONA!” Yoona couldn’t help but smile at how dorky Yuri was being, she hadn’t seen this side of him that often considering how shy he was around her. “Hi, Yuri. Ready to go?” Yuri nodded and grinned, taking her books from her hand and placing them into his bag.

By that simple action, Yoona knew this was the most difficult rejection she was ever going to make.

The two walked in awkward silence since Yuri couldn't bring himself to open his mouth, standing beside Yoona was enough to jumble up his nerves and confuse him all over again. Yoona stole a couple of glances at Yuri, she knew his mind was in a mess and it was elsewhere; it couldn't escape her sharp mind. She wasn't a fool when she heard rumours about Jessica and Yuri. 

Yoona stopped in her tracks and turned to Yuri, “Yuri…” she sighed, “I think there’s no need for us to go to dinner.” Before Yuri could open his mouth, Yoona placed a finger on his lips, “I know you’re worried about Jessica-ssi and I think she needs you more than ever…” Yuri stayed silent, he didn’t know how to respond to that. He was already stuck in the middle when Jessica kept forcing her smile. 

Yuri jumped a little when he felt Yoona's hands on his face, “you’re a sweet guy, Yuri and I th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter