Crossed The Line [1]

Indestructible
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yoong, how many times do you need this to repeat? When I say that I'm busy, I mean I'm either working or at the gym. Why is that so hard for you to understand?” Yuri sighed exasperatedly into the phone, pinching her nose to contain the frustration in her. 

Yuri had been with Yoona for almost two years and a bit by now. Yet, the girl was still so afraid that Yuri would do the same thing as what her ex-girlfriend did. She was so fragile, so vulnerable that it hurt Yuri's heart. 

“... I'm sorry, Yul. It's j-just...”

“I know. I understand but you have to learn to trust me more and trust others less, okay? If someone keeps putting ideas of me cheating into your head, you have to realize how much I love you first.”

Yoona was smiling on the other side. She knew it. She loved how easy she could make Yoona smile but it was terrifying how she could also be the one who takes that beautiful smile away. 

“See you later...”

The call ended there as Yuri smiled. No matter how much Yoona doubted her at times, she would always realize how worth it Yoona was. She would fight everyone to be with Yoona and break down those walls around her heart. It was already splendid that Yoona had given her a chance like this and she wasn't about to give it up so easily when she had done so much to get it.

The memory of Yoona opening up to her had to be best. 

 

Flashback. 

Yoona was looking around, waiting for the bus as she yawned multiple times. She was exhausted that morning, having her sleep constantly interrupted by her vibrating phone. She even skipped prom night because she didn't want to see her. It was none other than her pathetic ex-girlfriend, Eunjung. She could remember crying herself to sleep a month before because of her.

Graduation was the worst portion for Yoona but she didn't have much of a choice. After all, this was only high school; she still had university to look forward to. 

“Hey, Im.”

Looking up, she saw her senior who graduated one year earlier, smiling at her with that silly grin of hers. “Unnie.” Yoona smiled forcefully. 

“Graduated now, are we? Miss Smarty Pants, I knew you had it in you. I'm so proud to be your senior, gosh. You even obtained the valedictorian award, keke.”

Yoona blushed a little at receiving compliments from this beautiful tanned girl standing in front of her. She hadn't seen her in what, almost 9 months since she was busy with exams and her senior had been working. 

“So, what's keeping our beautiful Yoongie from smiling?”

Yoona looked at her senior with questioning eyes, wondering what in the world she was saying. She was smiling at her... Wasn't she? 

“I know I'm hot, thanks…” Yoona smacked her senior's shoulder hard, rolling her eyes at the cocky comment, “Yuri-unnie, you need to start containing your ego.” 

Yuri grinned cheekily and pinched Yoona's cheeks, ignoring the wild beating of her own heart. Yoona was taken aback by the bold gesture from Yuri since they weren't exactly considered best friends, just slightly closer than normal friends. Upon hearing rumours from her classmates, she could understand why people liked to call her a player. 

When she first got to know Yuri, the girl was nothing but a big flirt. Yet, as time went by, Yoona found out that she never had more than one girlfriend - the two breaking up since she had to leave to study abroad. 

“Yes, yes. Now, care to share why you're forcing your smile?” Yuri swung her legs, turning to look at Yoona with a comforting smile. 

Yoona loved to watch Yuri pay attention to her for some reason; it may her feel like nothing else in this world mattered. All of Yuri's attention was solely hers and hers alone. 

“Just... she's calling again.”

“She?” Yuri raised an eyebrow, getting a hint of what Yoona was saying. 

“My ex-girlfriend, Eunjung.”

Yuri was dying to know more about what happened between Yoona and Eunjung but she wasn't one to poke her nose into other people's business unnecessarily. The pained look on Yoona's face didn't go unnoticed as Yuri watched her every expression. 

“I see. You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to…”

Yoona could tell that Yuri's curiosity was at its peak and she didn't mind telling her but what were the consequences? How would Yuri treat her after that? Yoona didn't need anyone's pity and she wasn't going to have any of it any time in the foresee-able future. 

“Well, for starters, she cheated on me with someone older.”

Yuri's heart boiled with anger and her face was burning; she couldn't imagine how anyone would have the heart to cheat on someone this angelic. Even if Yoona wasn't the most beautiful, it didn't give Eunjung any right to cheat on her, did it? That was just disgusting. 

“Wow, what a er. I'm sorry you went through that.” Yuri apologized sincerely, reaching out to hold Yoona's balled up fist. 

Unable to resist her laughter at Yuri's blunt comment, Yoona's mouth opened widely and revealed her tonsils. She was never one to hide her laughter if she was in the mood for it and this time, she was after a very

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter