Crossed The Line [4]

Indestructible
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

5 years...

 

It's been five long years since Yoona dropped off the face of the earth. Well, not necessarily but Yuri liked to call it that. After she had read the letter Yoona wrote before leaving, she spent an entire week bawling her eyes out and explaining things to her friends, which was totally unnecessary. 

 

Flashback. 

“You let Krystal hold your hand, fine so be it. WHY DIDN'T YOU PULL AWAY THEN?!” Sooyoung screamed, “Obviously, she'll think something is going no between you two! Any girl in their right mind would think that way! You insensitive little prick!”

Yuri stayed silent, her eyes still fixated on the ground. She had only needed comfort at that point in time; she didn't think much of the consequences that would follow. Why was she so damn dense that night? She was never that bad at controlling her emotions to the point where she needed comfort from someone she barely knew. 

“And anyone could tell that Krystal had a crush on you.”

Yeah, she kind of had that figured out when Krystal kept checking up on her after finding out about Yoona's disappearance. 

“Yoona told us everything before she left and insisted that it was solely her fault…” Taeyeon massaged her temples, “I knew you had done something to cause it but she refused, she refused all accusations. Yoona was already trying her very best but you had to blow it.”

Sooyoung was furious not because Yuri had broken up with Yoona but because she didn't have the decency to prevent other girls from touching her. So what if Yuri needed comfort? Yoona's heart was the one, which needed the most comfort; she was dealing with her EX-GIRLFRIEND WHO CHEATED ON HER. 

Most of all, she was doing it so she could be with Yuri without worried or regrets. 

“It's your loss, Yul. And you don't deserve the right to regret it.”

Flashback end. 

 

Yuri was now the owner of a few swimming complexes around Seoul and Busan with her business partner, Taeyang handling the opening of a new complex in the United States. Sunny had thrown her out of the company because she knew Yuri had too much potential to be stuck with a desk job for the rest of her life. 

Taeyeon was a professional vocal coach at an entertainment company while Sooyoung was now one of the executive directors at Sunny's company, bringing the company to greater heights. Jessica was still the CEO of B&E and Krystal was busy with university life. 

“Y'know, Yul? If Yoona doesn't want to be found, there's no way she'll let you find her.” Jessica advised, she herself had given Krystal a good scolding when she found out what happened between Yoona and Yuri because of Krystal's accidental action.

“It's been five years, Sica. I don't plan on giving up any time soon.” Yuri murmured, her eyes lit with a fire that Jessica had always seen when Yoona was the topic of their conversation. 

Jessica admired Yuri's perseverance when it came to Yoona and she couldn't help but to wonder if Sunny has ever forgiven her for the past. She was indeed wrong for treating Sunny and throwing harsh words to her in the past but she would spend the rest of her life making it up to her if Sunny would let her. 

“You should talk to Sunkyu, Sica-ah. I'm sure some of her anger would have suppressed by now...”

“If only it were that easy, Yul....”

 

 

---

 

 

 

A little boy was running towards his mother who had her back facing him, his eyes twinkling with glee as his tiny hands held onto a few stalks of roses tightly. He was barely 5 years old but he was already so eager to fend off his lovely mother's suitors. 

“UMMMMMAAAAAA!!!”

“MINGUUKKKK-AHHHHHH!!”

The young mother caught her son in her arms as the duo laughed happily, walking away from the speechless man who was trying to ask her out AGAIN. 

“Umma, Minguk got these for you...” Minguk handed the roses he was holding to his mother, receiving a glorious smile before countless kisses were pressed against his chubby cheeks. 

“What did you do in school today, sweetheart?”

“We went to the zoo and Kim-ssam brought us to touch animals...” Minguk honoured his mother with an adorable eye-smile. 

The young woman smiled, Minguk was already such a charmer at 5 years old, he would surely grow up to break the hearts of many. She wouldn't allow it though, she would ensure that Minguk was properly brought up and taught the correct morals as well as virtues. 

“Sarang-noona said Umma was teaching her class forever.... Minguk wants Umma back...” Minguk pouted, his eyes glistening with fresh tears by now. “Aigoo, Umma was taking over for Le

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter