Taking Responsibility [4]

Indestructible
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As predicted by everyone, the next morning at school was a total nightmare for Jessica. Her cheerleader friends were asking a thousand and one questions, as if her being pregnant at seventeen was something to be proud of. She already felt like a total wreck inside and out for getting involved with the school's troublemaker who was an irresponsible . “Was he good in bed?” Jessica wanted to just send her fist flying into the girl's face, was she seriously that interested in Taecyeon's bed skills? 

“Well, why don't you go and find out?” Jessica whipped her head around, it was Taeyeon who was leaning against the lockers with the most annoyed expression she could ever manage. The cheerleader, Eugyeong just huffed and flipped her hair to the side, “that's not such a bad idea, honestly. I mean... if you want to end up pregnant with the baby being fatherless then go ahead.” Jessica suggested calmly, concealing the fact that the baby was Taecyeon's. Eugyeong choked on her own saliva, hitting her chest violently, “FATHERLESS? Hell no!”

Taeyeon just groaned and took Jessica's hand in hers, walking away from that horrendous group of girls, “Damn it, thanks Taeng. I was really on the verge of slapping Eugyeong,” Jessica linked her arms with Taeyeon thankfully. 

“I knew you couldn’t take it so I had to step in.” Taeyeon muttered nonchalantly, she still knew Jessica so well despite being apart for so many years. “Where’s Yuri?” Jessica couldn’t find her best friend anywhere, not even when they were having their morning assembly. Taeyeon bit her lip, she promised Yuri she wouldn’t give away his whereabouts. Jessica was aware that Yuri didn’t know how to handle this situation but she really wanted to see him.

“He’s at the field with Sooyoung.”

Being at the field this early in the morning meant that Yuri had no intention of going to class today and it was unexpected of an exemplary student like himself. “He’s skipping class today?” Taeyeon nodded, she tried to talk Yuri out of it but he was being so impish today. “Seriously, that dork…” “Why don’t you go and talk to him, Sica? For all you know, he might actually listen to you.”

That wasn’t such a bad idea but did Yuri even want to see her?

 

-

 

Yuri lay on the field tiredly; he had been playing soccer with Sooyoung ever since they reached school this morning. Sooyoung was his best friend for a reason, always accompanying him wherever he wanted to go. When one skipped class, the other followed. When one skipped lunch, the other would buy a snack for him. They weren’t the source of everyone’s envy for nothing.

“Seriously, though. I think you should transit to soccer instead of basketball.” Sooyoung muttered, his breath still choppy. “Fat hope. You would be the captain then, huh?” Yuri kicked Sooyoung’s leg hard, he knew Sooyoung better than anyone except Hyoyeon. “I mean, c’mon, you work so hard for the team yet you weren’t made captain. Look at me, one small fry, how can I ever get a chance to shine?”

While Yuri was the ace of the team, the captain was John Park; not that they had any objections to it but John Park was supposed to have graduated a long time ago. Sooyoung was in the nominations for the position of the captain this year but they cancelled the re-selection after knowing John wasn’t going to graduate just yet. “Soo, you have to be patient, okay? You will have your chance, I promise. As long as you work hard continuously, there will be results.” 

And as Yuri continued giving advice to his best friend, Jessica and Taeyeon were already at the field watching the two boys. Jessica knew that Yuri wasn’t just stressed about her pregnancy; he was also trying to think of ways to strengthen the basketball team for the upcoming game against YG High. “Am I causing Yuri a lot of stress and trouble?” Jessica whispered, her grip on Taeyeon getting tighter. “I don’t think you are. Yuri tends to stress himself out, don’t think too much.” The again, Taeyeon herself wasn’t sure about that.

The two girls sat on the bleachers, both in silence. Neither of them knew what to say or do to improve the situation. “Do you know if Yuri has a love interest?” Jessica asked out of the blue, she couldn’t hide her curiosity anymore. Taeyeon turned to Jessica, “I thought you would be the first to know… For now, I don’t really think he has any.” Jessica unconsciously heaved a sigh of relief, she was starting to see every girl as a little devil; a little devil who would take Yuri away from her. Not that Yuri was an easy target but she wasn’t being a very good best friend to him and why in the world would anyone stick with someone like her when there were better people out there?  

“Seriously, Yul. I thought you liked Yoona…” Sooyoung said, he has heard many things about

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter