Taking Responsibility [10]

Indestructible
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon watched as Jessica stood in the bridal shop, looking at the beautifully-designed gowns - it was so clear that she wanted to get married already. She was, however, going to give birth any day now so marriage had to wait. Yuri was waiting and he was patiently doing so; they haven't even had a real make-out session yet because he didn't want to make Jessica's hormones even harder to handle. 

“Isn’t this pretty, Taengoo?” Jessica asked, holding the dress in front of Taeyeon, “I think it’ll fit me well once I lose some weight.” A smile appeared on Taeyeon’s face and she held onto the dress, “it’ll look nice on you, I’m sure of it. I wonder what will Yuri think of it though…”

Nowadays, the mere mention of Yuri was enough to make Jessica flush a pretty shade of pink. She loved to hear people bring Yuri up in front of her; it made her feel secure instantly. She was like a baby in front of him, especially now that she had insane mood swings and she whined a lot more; she was practically a princess.

“Sica…”

The words that followed soon became blocked out effortlessly; Jessica could feel a sharp pain in her belly and it was coming in numbers, not just a single shard of pain. She took a deep breath and rubbed her huge belly, holding onto Taeyeon’s arm to steady herself. Taeyeon held onto Jessica with worried eyes, wondering if it was indeed time for the baby to come. 

“Are you okay?” Taeyeon asked, “do you want to go to the hospital first?” 

“No, it’s okay…”

Taeyeon was not going to trust Jessica’s words; Jessica had a knack for hiding things to herself if she felt that it was going to be a burden to others. She quietly took out her phone and made sure Jessica was no longer looking at her before sending a quick text to her younger brother; Yuri had been waiting for this day for so long. She didn’t even need to know if Yuri was ready or not – he obviously was.

“AHHH!!!”

The shrill scream that came from the changing room echoed throughout the bridal shop, taking everyone by surprise. Taeyeon threw the hangers she was holding aside and moved past everyone who was crowding around the changing room. She pushed the curtain aside and gasped, “Sica!” Taeyeon held Jessica in her arms as the blonde tried to steady herself; the pain was coming too fast and sudden.

“Call an ambulance!”

Thank goodness, Taeha was put under Yoona's care for today. 

 

-

 

Yuri pushed everyone who was in his way and entered the hospital with sweat pouring down the sides of his forehead; he had dropped everything at school and came here in a cab but there was a huge traffic jam, and he ended up running from the next block. He wanted to go to the bridal shop with them but Jessica insisted on going with Taeyeon alone so it would be a surprise for him on their wedding day. 

“Jessica Jung.”

He couldn’t stop bouncing on his heels impatiently as the receptionist continued to look for Jessica’s name, “Delivery room which is on level four and then turn right from the lift.”

As if Yuri could wait for the lift.

 

Taeyeon paced up and down outside the delivery room, flinching at every scream that was released from inside - Jessica had to be in so much pain. She wondered how her mother could bear so much pain giving birth; it sounded inhumane for a person to go through, honestly. That being said, she reminded herself to shower her mother with lots of love when she got home.

“Taeng!”

“Yul!”

Taeyeon grabbed Yuri’s arm and took his duffel bag before pushing him into the delivery room. Yuri nearly lost his balance when he saw the posture Jessica was in; Jessica's face was red and sweat was pouring down her forehead like nobody's business. He ran over and held her hand tightly, giving her a kiss on the forehead.

“Baby, it’s finally happening…” Yuri whispered, “push on and make sure you don’t give up, okay? Taeha and I will be waiting along with Taeyoung.”

Jessica was not about to, not when they were going to get married after giving birth. She wanted to get married right after she had given birth to Taeha but unexpectedly, she ended up pregnant the next year and their original wedding plans had to be scrapped since she didn’t want to walk along the aisle with a baby bump. As a result, they were now parents of two before they got married.

3...

2...

1...

 

Screams of pain echoed throughout the delivery room as Jessica held on to Yuri's hand for dear life; she was only driven by the thought of them getting wed with Taeha being their little flower girl and Taeyoung in Yoona's arms as everyone showered them with blessings in the church - the thought of that fueled her persistence to stay awake.

 

Push!

 

Wails and cries soon filled the room as Jessica held her baby boy in her arm, tears gathering in her eyes as she felt herself fall in love with him immediately. She carefully traced his features and murmured some sort words of affection while Yuri registered the namem weight and other details of their baby boy. 

 

Kwon Taeyoung.

 

-

 

Jessica smiled as she watched their friends and family admire baby Taeyoung; Taeha, on the other hand was in Yuri's arms, snuggling into her father's chest. She sighed, knowing her daughter probably felt a little left out. After all, she had been the star of the show until her baby brother was born. It didn't help that Taeha was only four years old; she might not understand why Taeyoung was the star now. 

Yuri rocked Taeha in his arms and whispered, “Princess, you know that Taeyoung needs some love too, don’t you? He’s still young and he needs to be cared for.” Taeha shook her head and clutched onto Yuri's shoulders, ignoring her father's words.

“So when’s the wedding again?”

Jessica’s eyes met with Yuri’s and the two cracked a smile in synchronisation – they had been waiting for the day since forever and Yuri was finally going to stand at the altar. Jessica was going to be in a beautiful wedding gown and they would finally be officially wed by the priest. Yuri wouldn't have to wait anymore; he could finally be with Jessica again. 

Yuri looked over at Jessica and his eyes told her more than she needed to know. She admired his strong will and determination to stay away from her body all while she was pregnant. Excluding the times where she was (and Yuri had to give her what she wanted), he never went near her for that purpose.

“Okay. You two can stop the eye now!”

Oops.

How were they to resist when all they could focus on was each other despite everyone else? 

“Appa…” Taeha whined and pounded her little fists on Yuri’s chest, “bring Taeha out, let’s go…” 

Everyone watched as Yuri lifted his baby girl into his arms before making his way out of the room; Taeha was still Yuri's little princess and it was probably not going to change yet. Jessica sighed and took the whimpering Taeyoung into her arms, soothing her baby boy - it was as if he felt the lack of his father's and sister's presence. 

“Aigoo… I hope your Noona won’t give Appa a hard time…”

 

 

Taeha held Yuri’s hand as they walked around the hospital garden, her eyes brightening at the different types of flowers she passed. She always had an interest in learning about anything and everything in the world – which often got on Jessica’s nerves – and Yuri taught her as much as possible. He continued to bring her around the garden for a while more before sitting near the pond in the middle.

“Princess, come and sit with Appa for a while.”

Yuri opened his arms as Taeha waddled her way over to her father, perching herself comfortably on his lap. She adored sitting on Yuri’s lap since her father always gave her his fullest attention, “yes, Appa?” Yuri smiled and gave Taeha a kiss on the cheek, “did you feel lonely in the room?”

Taeha didn’t respond but Yuri knew exactly how his daughter felt and he placed her on the bench, going down on his knee to make sure he maintained eye contact with her. “Taeha… I know you might feel like that everyone loves Taeyoung more, but it’s not true. Taeyoung is still a baby. Remember when you were a baby?” Yuri asked, rubbing Taeha’s cheeks as she continued to pout.

Of course, she remembered.

 

Flashback.

Yuri sat in the principal's office as the tired and albeit frustrated principal informed him about the mischief Taeha had been up to in class - things he did back when he was young too - she placed a whoopie cushion he bought her on her teacher's chair; pushed a classmate off a swing and even tried to steal another's food.

“So I was simply wondering if she’s also mischievious back at home…”

“Yes; I think that side comes from me mainly…” Yuri rubbed the back of his neck in embarrassment – Taeha might not be his biologically but she did take after him quite a bit, surprisingly. “I will talk to her when I get home; I’m so sorry for the trouble, Principal Yoo.”

The entire time Yuri and Taeha were walking out of the school, Taeha di

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter