Crossed The Line [5]

Indestructible
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri couldn't hide her horrible nerves, her legs were constantly trembling as she sat near the edge. This place held too many precious memories that she kept close to her heart. It could have been a rooftop for many students but it was the place that gave both Yoona and herself hope for the future.

 

Flashback. 

Yoona stood at the railing alone, her hands wrapped around herself to prevent the cold from knocking the wind out of her guts. She was ridiculed and teased by Eunjung's friends for being a naive little girl, finally revealing how Eunjung would never fall for her. 

And right now, she really needed that one person who distracted her perfectly well.

 

Yuri-unnie unnie ??  are you free now? why what's up i need someone  where you at  rooftop  i'm coming now don't move or else i will smack you 

 

That was the difference between Yuri and Eunjung; her senior, who was merely an aquaintance moving towards a friend status was giving her more attention than her girlfriend who was supposed to be loving her and be there for her all the time. 

“Yoona?”

There the person of the hour was, panting at the entrance because she had ran all the way upstairs instead of taking her time. “Unnie, you didn't have to run... Here…” Yoona handed Yuri her water bottle and couldn't help the little smile at the corner of her lips. 

Yuri smiled back with gratitude and poured some water over her head before drinking a mouthful. Yoona bit her lip, why did that look so incredibly y and irresistible? She wasn't supposed to be thinking this way, she had a girlfriend! 

“What did she do now? Still brushing you off?” Yuri failed to hide the sarcasm in her voice, her own blood boiling at Eunjung's irresponsible behaviour towards her own girlfriend. “Probably busy with cheerleading... I mean... The basketball tournament is coming up, right?” Yoona asked unsurely, a lump was forming in . 

The tanned girl rolled her eyes and walked to where Yoona was standing when she first arrived, she couldn't understand why Yoona was still defending that stupid . Yuri had ears, friends and acquaintances everywhere in this school. 

That was the advantage of being the most popular basketball player on the team; everyone would answer your questions no matter how stupid or odd they sounded. It was even better when there were THREE queens in the basketball team - Yuri, Taeyeon and Sooyoung. 

“The game's only two weeks ahead, cheerleading practice doesn't start till Friday. It's barely Sunday, Yoona-ah.”

Great, how could Yoona forget that Yuri was the ace of their basketball team? 

“Stop defending Eunjung, she's clearly not someone for----”

“I get it, Unnie. Please....” Yoona sighed, removing her finger from Yuri's lips, " Can we just drop the topic for today? " 

Yuri kept quiet and shut her eyes for a while; she didn't want to see the hurt that unfortunately was revealed through Yoona's doe eyes. She knew that Yoona would never be hers but she didn't expect it to hurt as much. 

“If.... If you weren't her girlfriend... w-would you give me a c-chance?” Yuri whispered under her breath, unaware that Yoona had heard every single word, loud and clear.

Yoona was albeit shocked to say the least but Yuri hadn't been very secretive as well, she was treating Yoona like a queen involuntarily. Yuri went out of the way to make Yoona happy; whether she was at practice or not, if Yoona called her then she would leave - something she never does. 

“Of course...”

Flashback end. 

 

Whenever that memory was replayed, Yuri wouldn't be able to stop her tears from flowing. This time was no exception, she was still crying for the loss of her love. What they had was beautiful, why on earth did they end up this way?

 

Kwon Yuri are you here yet yep ok coming

 

Yoona was lying through her teeth, she had been here way earlier. She had seen how Yuri slowly broke down, her tears still piercing Yoona's heart as harshly as ever. She fled the roof top because she knew she would give in to her poor heart instead of doing the right thing.

“Hey...” Yuri greeted, her face now void of any tears of sadness which had been replaced by awe and fresh tears of happiness. “Hi.” Yoona's reply was short but the way her eyes scanned Yuri's carefully was enough to spark off something. 

Silence filled the air momentarily as the two women relished the sight of each other after a torturous five years. Yuri's swollen and red eyes weren't helping her very much as Yoona sighed, walking closer towards her old flame.

“Have you been crying?”

Yuri couldn’t help but grin at Yoona's slight concern, “No, don't worry.”

Sure, you haven't, Yoona thought. That was the other thing about Yuri that made Yoona admire her - Yuri always made sure that Yoona was okay and well, hiding her own sadness or anger as long as Yoona was fine. 

Oh gosh. 

This was getting so awkward. 

 

taeyeon-unnie damn it, unnie you made things worse WHAT DID I EVEN DO u said agree to her outing and now we're stuck in this hole you both have mouths for a reason wtv. are you taking care of my son? 

 

“Where have you been, Yoong?”

As if Yuri's presence alone wasn't enough to knock down the walls around Yoona's heart, that broken whisper was definitely helping too. She had never heard Yuri ever sound so vulnerable, as if a single harsh reply would be enough to send her to her death.

“Somewhere. I've been doing okay, how have you been?”

“Fine...” What a lie, Yuri forced a smile, “I've just been busy with my swimming complexes, coaching children and stuff..”

Swimming? That was a surprise. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter