Alcoholic [6]

Indestructible
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Sica, you're trembling.” Yuri looked at her girlfriend's hand which was shaking although it was in Yuri's warm hands. Jessica turned to look at Yuri with her head hung down. “Calm down… hey,” Yuri lifted Jessica’s face so she could look into her eyes, “it’ll be fine. I promise.”

She was feeling nervous. She didn't want to break down in front of all of them, especially Yuri. Breaking down meant lack of words and the problem might not be solved at all. 

Jessica pouted, leaning her chin against Yuri’s chest as she looked at her girlfriend, “I'm going nuts, Seobang. How did you convince me to come? I regret it so much.” “We made a deal, remember? I listened to you and went to the doctor for my back so now, it's your turn to play out your part of the deal, Sicababy.”

The tanned girl cupped Jessica's face and pulled her adorable cheeks together, playing with Jessica's chubby cheeks. Yuri was having fun with her girlfriend's cheeks until the ice princess smacked her hands off. “Yah, Seobang. I'm asking you something…” Jessica whined, knocking her head against Yuri's chest once more. She was really in a huge dilemma. 

Yuri backed away slightly and held Jessica's hands, rubbing them comfortingly. Lifting up the older girl's face, Yuri looked into Jessica's eyes.  

“Do you trust me? "

Jessica flashed her priceless smile and pressed her lips against Yuri's, “What a silly question, sweetheart. Of course, I trust you. You're my girlfriend, trusting you is only normal.” 

“Then everything will be alright.”

That being said, they closed the gap for real and embraced each other as others stared on in envy.

 

-

 

“Take deep breaths, Sica. Believe in yourself and tell yourself, everything will be better and perfect.” Yuri reminded once more, walking in front of Jessica to lead her girlfriend. “Thanks, Yul. Let's finish this nonsense now.” Jessica jumped up and down several times, giving herself more encouragement and energy to solve the problem between her stepfather and her. 

“Soojung-ah! Unnie's home!”

In a flash, her younger sister engulfed Jessica in a huge embrace.  Krystal was sobbing again. Every time Krystal saw her Jessica-unnie, tears were expected to flow down from her eyes. “Baby, stop crying...” Jessica chuckled and ran her fingers through Krystal's blonde locks, ironing out the small knots in between. 

Krystal looked up and wiped away her tears with the back of her sleeves, looking at Jessica with her puppy eyes. 

“Are you done crying, Soojung?”

“Yes. Who's that hot girl over there?” Krystal pointed at Yuri who was standing with her head down, looking at the floor with an awkward gaze. “Excuse me, Jung Soojung. Who are you calling hot girl? That's my Seobang.” Jessica glared at her younger sister and stuck her tongue out at Krystal with a cheeky grin. 

Yuri smiled and blushed furiously, rubbing the back of her neck with an innocent expression. Krystal smirked and walked towards Yuri with a playful gleam in her eyes. 

“Hi. I'm Jung Soojung or you can call me Krystal. What's your name, y?”

Jessica's eyes widened in fury and she grabbed her sister by the waist only to push her away, hugging Yuri's waist protectively. She was born with a possessive trait and she was going to put it to good use. “My name is Kwon Yuri and I'm Sica's girlfriend. Nice to meet you, Krystal.” Yuri smiled and stretched out her palm, awaiting Krystal's friendly handshake. 

“Aigoo, I'm kidding. Unnie, your glares don't work on me. I won't steal your girlfriend, I got my own.” Krystal looked at her nails proudly, loving the jealous behaviour of her elder sister. “Anyway, let's go in. Umma and Appa are ready to see you.”

Pulling the two ladies by their hands, Krystal walked in first and called for their parents. Jessica's heart started to beat faster and faster at the foot steps coming from upstairs. Yuri turned to the side and kissed Jessica's temple before taking her hand in hers, interlocking their fingers together.

Mrs Jung was at the foot of the staircase, seeing her daughter with Yuri, “Jessie?”

“Umma...” Jessica whispered, gripping onto Yuri's hand even tighter after seeing her mother. She hadn't felt this nervous in the past few years, it was alien to her. 

“Hey, Yuri.”

Jessica turned to look at her girlfriend with a surprised look. It seems like introductions were redundant since her parents already knew Yuri. “Mrs Jung.” Yuri smiled and walked towards Jessica's mother with a bright smile, wrapping her arms around the elder woman like her own mother.

 

Flashback.

Jessica was back in school, trying to catch up with the lessons she had missed while everyone else was having their vacation. Yuri was free and she knew exactly she wanted to do. Getting help from Seohyun who was a computer genius, she managed to find out Jessica's address. Tiffany gave her the push to do whatever she wanted to do. 

 

Knock. Knock. Knock. 

Yuri shoved her hands into her pockets, trembling from the cold wind blowing. Her nerves were trembling as well, she didn't know if it was a good thing or not. 

“Hello, who are you looking for?” Yuri looked up and saw a woman with a warm smile, immediately identifying her as Jessica's mother. She was young and didn't look old at all. “I'm looking for Mr and Mrs Jung?”

“I'm Mrs Jung, Jessica and Krystal's mother. Please come in.” Mrs Jung opened the door wider, letting Yuri come into the warm house. Yuri walked inside and looked at the fireplace, rushing towards it. She was unaware of Mrs Jung's amused expression when she did that. 

“Anyway, what's your purpose in looking for me?” 

Yuri rubbed the back of her neck awkwardly, coming out as Jessica's girlfriend wasn't a good start. “Annyeonghasaeyo, I'm Kwon Yuri. I'm Sica's.... Um..... Friend.”

“Do you mean girlfriend?”

Mrs Jung was staring at Yuri with a warm-hearted smile. She wasn't against her daughter being lesbian with another girl. Jessica's her daughter and she loves her no matter what her ual orientation is.

“N-No....”

“Girlfriend, it is.” 

Yuri finally looked up and realized that Mrs Jung was totally calm about this, very much different compared to other parents who would always kick up a fuss. “Okay, Yuri. Yes, I'm totally fine with it. So why are you looking for me?” Mrs Jung was giggling at Yuri's dropped jaw, she expected this reaction from her. 

“I just wanted to apologise for Sica's cold behaviour towards you and her step-father. She's feeling really guilty about it as well but she's a bundle of nerves and she's afraid. She'll be coming back next week to try and solve the problem between you and her.” Yuri stood up, bowing towards Mrs Jung a full ninety degrees. “Aigoo, don't bow to me. Yuri-ah, I know how she's feeling. Her father and I don't hold it against her, we've watched her grow up and we understand.” 

Mrs Jung helped Yuri up and pinched her cheeks playfully, loving how Yuri was apologizing on Jessica's behalf. The elder woman was amazed, not just touched.

“How did you get her to agree to come back here and face us?”

“We made a deal. If I visited a doctor for my back injury, she would come back and solve her differences with all of you. It's a pretty long story.”

Yuri was ecstatic. She didn't expect her meeting with Mrs Jung to go so smoothly and it wasn't as uncomfortable as she expected it to be. “Truth is. Sica used to be an alcoholic and I fell for her ever since I realized she was in my class. I've loved her for a couple of years and finally, she noticed me as the idiot who didn't wake her up after class. I offered to be a source of distraction to her and to help her kick that addiction.”

The tanned girl looked at Jessica's mother to check on her expression and to her surprise, the older woman was listening with a gentle smile on her face. “I stayed at the school hostel with her and we were doing fine until she went back to it while I was having class. There was a scuffle and she indirectly caused my back injury. She was also hospitalized for over-exhaustion and anaemia while I confessed all my feelings for her.”

Yuri was blushing as she spoke every word, recalling how Jessica magically woke up after hearing her sweet recollection and confession. “I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter