Leaving For You [5]

Indestructible
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyoyeon came out of the operating theatre on a stretcher, still drifting in and out of unconsciousness due to the anaesthesia given before the operation. For someone who had a terrible phobia of needles, it was a difficult task for Hyoyeon. However, she would do it in a heartbeat for the sake of her members.

Yuri was nothing short of a good buddy to her, doing this for her was definitely worth it. Even if Yuri scolded her for it after, as long as her best friend could get well, Hyoyeon wouldn't regret it. 

“HYOYEON!!” Jessica screamed at the top of her lungs, running to the girl being wheeled out of the doors. Unable to respond at the moment, Hyoyeon flashed the best smile she could manage for now and held Jessica's hand with a firm grip. She could feel how worried Jessica was for her and she was thankful. “I'm o-okay...” Hyoyeon said, barely a whisper. If it got any softer, Jessica might not have caught it but she did. 

From that alone, Jessica could feel her worries for Hyoyeon earlier disappearing. Behind her came the rest of the members, checking on their dancing queen. 

Taeyeon walked towards the stretcher and received a tender smile from the younger one. “We'll see you later, sweetie.” Taeyeon bent down, kissing Hyoyeon's forehead very gently. 

Everyone whipped their necks to look at Taeyeon and Hyoyeon, all their suspicions arising. There were no signs or gestures in the past but now, maybe there was something going on between them. 

 

-

 

Yuri felt like she was in a trance, unable to move or do anything. Her eyes fluttered open, the sudden lightness blinding her for a bit. She wondered how long she had been asleep since the girls were all sleeping in the same room, Hyoyeon on a bed next to her.

“Yuri…”  A soft whisper came as someone walked towards the bed in a fast pace. “Hey, Taec. How long have I been out? It feels like eons... " Yuri asked weakly, trying to sit up without getting any pain through her body. “It's been about a week. How are you feeling?” Taecyeon asked, sitting down next to Yuri. 

Yuri didn't answer, just struggling to sit up. Taecyeon hurriedly assisted her in doing so, not wanting the girl to be put in even more pain than she had already been through. 

“Thanks... How's everyone been doing?”

“Is that really necessary?” Taecyeon pouted, playing with Yuri's fingers, “obviously we're all feeling like because of you. I really miss hanging out with you at the gym. I thought we were good buddies...”

Yuri smiled apologetically, looking at the guy she used to be best friends with, “Sorry. When Nichkhun warned me, I didn't want to jeopardize your friendship with him, especially since the both of you are in the same group.”

Taecyeon's jaw clenched at the mention of that traitor and Yuri noticed it, massaging his forearm gently. She didn't need any more conflict or drama in her life at the moment. Tiffany must have gone through the most, knowing that her boyfriend was someone this ty.

“Where's Tiffany?” Yuri asked, realising that a few girls were missing. 

 

Flashback. 

Tiffany stepped into the hospital after talking to Nichkhun outside, ignoring the slight pain in her heart for treating Nichkhun that way. On the other hand, her heart went out to Yuri. She hadn't realised that the girl was going through so much just to keep her safe. 

“Settled?” Jessica asked, she seemed to have been waiting for Tiffany to be done. 

“Yeah... Let's go in.” Tiffany muttered weakly, having lost all strength after confronting Nichkhun head on. 

Jessica noticed Tiffany's lack of courage and strength, she patted Tiffany's back and opened the door. Tiffany stepped in with a stumble, everyone stood up worriedly. “Come and sit down, Miyoung-ah.”  Sunny quickly walked towards Tiffany, holding her left arm while Jessica was holding the right. 

“No, I want to see Yuwree…”

Jessica and Sunny sighed; beckoning Yoona and Taecyeon to move from the chairs. The two had been hogging the chairs ever since they got into the room, leaving the girls no choice but to wait for their turn. Tiffany slumped her body down onto the chair, her tears welling up in her eyes. 

“I'm so sorry, Yul...”  Tiffany whispered and covered her face, breaking down at the sight of the black pearl. 

Yuri's breathing was still a little weak and slow, causing cause for concern. She had an oxygen mask strapped to to aid her breathing. 

“Shh…” Victoria took the initiative to comfort Tiffany since she could only understand what Tiffany was going through too well. She was once behaving in that manner when Yuri was hospitalized as well. 

Krystal and Amber were sitting next to Hyoyeon's bed, wiping the girl's limbs to make sure she would be clean. Taeyeon, of course was avoiding all suspicion by keeping close to Yuri. 

“I think I want to fly back to America. I'm going to talk to my Dad.” Tiffany muttered in a firm tone, ignoring the tears that were still rolling down her face. 

Everyone's eyes widened, the decision to go back to America was made in such a short time. They were definitely not going to let Tiffany fly back alone. 

“I will go with you, Unnie.”  Seohyun stood up. Junho stood up with Wooyoung, “So will I. I don't want to let Mr Hwang and Nichkhun carry on hurting Yuri and you.”

Soon, the people going with Tiffany back to America were confirmed. Sunny, Sooyoung, Junho, Seohyun, Wooyoung, Victoria, Chansung and Luna were going with her. 

Flashback end. 

 

Yuri couldn't help but let out a little chuckle. Victoria was probably going because she wanted to give Mr Hwang a piece of her mind and probably scold the crap out of him. She didn't see Victoria more than a friend or a sister and right now, she was sure of Victoria starting to fall for Luna.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter